**** DONE: GB-49 1/48 Bf109G-6 - WW2 Night Fighter

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I have just put the wings on dry fit and was checking for gaps along the wing root. There's is a small gap. I also want to check the dihedral see pic and this closed the gap but I'm not sure about the wing angle what do you guys think?

20210301_195039~2 (1).jpg

It's too much to me.

Regarding the spine seam, I would leave this as subtle as possible as they were not very pronounced.
Yes sure I was doing some more research and took note that the rivets aren't pronounced either.

I have just put the wings on dry fit and was checking for gaps along the wing root. There's is a small gap. I also want to check the dihedral see pic and this closed the gap but I'm not sure about the wing angle what do you guys think?

View attachment 614297

It's too much to me.

The wing dihedral was of 6.53°. The one for your model seems to be too big. Just my opinion.

I agree the dihedral looks too much. Either the gap needs to be filled or the fuselage made wider with a strut or two. That might not be possible if the cockpit tub is glued in securely.

Always a good idea to only fix your cockpit assembly to one side of the fuselage for such a situation....then you have options to get the best fix.

Yeah I'll just fill in the seams. I'll see what it looks like and tweak it I'm probably over thinking this.

A few more bits done, wings, undercarriage and wheel wells painted and weathered oil cooler in some minor touch ups on fuselage. Dry fit wings and looking good so far.
20210303_204540.jpg

20210303_204426.jpg

Hello Everyone finally put together and primed, using black on top and grey on the underside. I wanted to use these colours as a contrast base especially as the underside is black wouldn't be any fun painting that with a black primer.. anyway thus is it so far. Thanks for looking.

20210307_194940.jpg
20210307_194949.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back