Completed kits.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Ron Pearcy

Airman 1st Class
Feb 24, 2018
Market Harborough,UK
I've only recently got back into modelling (18 months) but soon amassed a large collection of built kits and I'm running out of room. I do not want to box them up and store them but preferably sell the ones i don't want. I have donated some to a local museum here in the UK, Harrington airfield,Northants( Home of the Carpetbaggers) but the curator only wants planes connected to the history of the airfield.(understandably) Any suggestions would be appreciated. EBay would be my last choice.
Thanks.

Right there with you Ron. I'm going to go through mine and toss out my early builds. Its sad to trash ones own personal history but that's what photos are for. Yours are far better than the nightmares I've seen going for a few hundred dollars on eBay so you might have a chance there. My advice for selling would be to get enough to cover shipping and then a few extra dinero for yourself

I feel your pain and so far have been adding extra glass shelves to my IKEA Billy Book Case. No suggestions other than landfill I'm afraid. I've purged twice in my lifetime and will once more at least.

I know the feeling. Like Andy, I've increased the display area I have, by adding perspex shelves to some cabinets, and obtaining more cabinets. By the time I've finished, I might have enough space left in the house to reach my bedroom !

I've just donated a couple of planes to one of the local charity shops (British heart foundation) and they snapped my hand off. If they can sell them for a decent price I will be happy. I would rather the money from the kits went to charity. Hopefully it will thin my collectiondown a bit.

Funny (I suppose). I never thought of acquiring a "stash" of unbuilt kits. I would purchase one & then build it right away. Sure enough as time passed, I started acquiring kits "for future projects" when finished with my current model as I didn't want to stop the momentum. Always on the lookout on sites such as this, eBay & others to acquire "more building projects."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back