**** DONE: GB-55 1:48 Supermarine Spitfire Mk.VIII - MTO lll

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys. More fiddly stuff. Under wing bits. Five pieces to be joined together and then glued to the wing. Lots of patience required. I didn't, however, glue them to the wing. When I did my last Eduard Spitfire, I found this area difficult to mask and spray. I test fit the two finished housings to the wings and satisfied that the fit very well, I sat them aside. I'll mask the grills, and spray them with PRU Blue at the same time I do the underside and then glue them on later. A bit of clean-up revealed by the photos

IMG_2421.JPG

The last two pieces are glued to each in the next step. I chose to glue the parts in the closed position as many photos show them open when the engine is running

IMG_2424.JPG

Thanks guys. Last bits before I head out. Added some stretched sprue braces to the flaps. A tad over-scale and more than likely won't be seen again

IMG_2426.JPG

The fuel cap disappeared sometime between opening the box and needing it now. The attachment was less than a mm wide so not surprised. I made one using my circle cutter. It should be slightly recessed but my pudgy digits wouldn't allow it

IMG_2428.JPG

Done for another week, nightshift starts tonight. Have a good week gentlemen

Thanks all. Work was a nightmare; annual mill capital down with 220 contractors along with 350+ employees trying to get stuffed into 400 rooms...did not go well at all. Some guys on the crew didn't get rooms until 3hrs after work. A few got a room, went for supper and when they got back to their rooms, there was another person in their room. On the plus side, a day before I went back to camp, I bought a new truck. Its the first year for this one, a 2022 Ford Maverick, all wheel drive with turbo. Velocity Blue she is. Retirement, due next month has been postponed for two years; something I was going to do anyhow.

IMG_9977.jpg

Anyhoo.....modelin'. Started masking the clear parts. One of the reasons I purchased the circle cutter was to use it to cut masks for the circular parts at the tops of some windscreens, something I struggle with. I used a scrap piece of Oramask film and it took two tries as this stuff stuck like a frightened limpet the moment it touched the windscreen. Now to add the straight edges and prep for spraying

IMG_2430.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back