**** DONE: GB-59 1/48 Corsair F4A-1A/Mk.II – WW2 PTO V

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks for calling in folks. Had a good bit of bench time today and got to the first bit of spraying, the internal parts.

Aluminium.
20230909 1.JPG

Chromate yellow/green.
20230909 2.JPG

Chromate salmon.
20230909 3.JPG

Cockpit green.
20230909 4.JPG

I'm doing a bit of experimenting and thought that as most of the cockpit is hidden when closed up, why not use it and see what comes out. This is to do with ware and tear hence the initial aluminium colour. Now according to my readings from all the info provided by the good folks on this foru :D m, Vaught nearing the end of the F4U-1' production run used yellow chromate as the initial base protection colour and for the second coat, got dispensation from the powers that be to continue using a salmon chromate until stocks dried up. On top of this is the final cockpit green which again was quite dark and varied from batch to batch, so I have gone for quite a dark green. I'll do me some dirtifying tomorrow if time permits (I have an outing) then I'll work on the wear and tear to see how it turns out.

Thanks folks. I've been plodding away with the cockpit, so here is a little update.

For the seat harness I needed a Sutton Harness and the only way to get that was to print one out and chop it up. A bit crude I'm afraid but it will suffice.
20230911 1.JPG

20230911 2.JPG

Not a lot of time wasted on wall detail just a bit of 3D decal, a couple of wires and some chipping and dirtying.
20230911 3.JPG

20230911 4.JPG

The inst panel was quite easy once all the preliminary stuff was sorted, again 3D decals, some heavy chipping and wear, not forgetting a little grime.
20230911 5.JPG

20230911 6.JPG

:D

Thanks Gents. :thumbright:
Good looking details Vic. When you say you "printed" these seat belts, what do you mean exactly?
Found a pic of a set on the web, but out of stock sadly. So copied and sized to 1/48 scale, printed on our not so good (very cheap) printer cut a set out. A bit Heath Robinson but they will do. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back