**** DONE: GB-59 1/48 Corsair F4A-1A/Mk.II – WW2 PTO V

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Many thanks for your continued interest and kind words folks, they are very much appreciated.

As mentioned, chipping day today and a goodly amount of fading and dirtying, even placed a couple of bits of decal just to add colour. My one photo shows the partial roundel on the starboard fuselage, so I took a bit of a liberty an planted a bit on the port side. I have no genuine photo showing that side so I can use my imagination.

Anyway, today's progress.
20230929 1.JPG

20230929 2.JPG

20230929 3.JPG

20230929 4.JPG

20230929 5.JPG

20230929 6.JPG

:D

Thank Gent's. Placed the decals that I have on yesterday, had to go very carefully as I was astounded to have the first one crack on what for me was a recently purchased decal sheet. I can only surmise that the sheet was old before I purchased it, so before doing anymore I coated the sheet in a good brushing of Liquid Decal Film. It did the trick and with care the rest went on quite easily though they did tend to curl at the edges. There are a lot more instructional decals that I could put on but taking in mind the state of this machine that I'm trying to duplicate, most of them are no longer viable, so I'm not going to place them.

20231001 1.JPG

20231001 2.JPG

20231001 3.JPG

That's it for the moment on this build, I have to wait now for the special decals our good friend Bill is getting for me. I need a white background for them to sit on and I'm not game to spray this on yet until I know the final panel size needed. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back