GB-57 1/72 Ju 87D-5 - WW2 Foreign Service

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

You could use some heat applied with a hair dryer and some gentle persuasion, but also looking at it head on, the air scoop looks to be a little out of kilter on the left side as you lookfrom the front. :D
Hi Vic, thanks for the suggestion regarding the wings. I think I'm going to give that a shot as it's never going to look right in my eyes. The air scoop is what it is. It may even be the perspective of my photo that makes it seem off.

Cheers Greg 👍

That could be a risky solution in my opinion, though I can't offer anything in support. The time to catch that sort of thing is before the glue hits plastic of course,

Bending warped parts requires doing so with the plastic at the right temperature and the range is not very big. Too little heat and the parts will just spring back. Too much and major distortions can result. This method worked for me in the past: "Straightening Warped Plastic Without Drama" by Mike Poole, Austin Scale Modeler's Society

That could be a risky solution in my opinion, though I can't offer anything in support. The time to catch that sort of thing is before the glue hits plastic of course,

Bending warped parts requires doing so with the plastic at the right temperature and the range is not very big. Too little heat and the parts will just spring back. Too much and major distortions can result. This method worked for me in the past: "Straightening Warped Plastic Without Drama" by Mike Poole, Austin Scale Modeler's Society
Thanks Andy.

You are quite right about dry fit before committing glue to plastic. My bad 😔!

I gave the hairdryer method a shot but I was erring on the side of caution and as a result I don't think it's made much difference.

So rather than wollow in procrastination I carried on.

IMG_20230403_094006.jpg

IMG_20230403_094320.jpg

IMG_20230403_094057.jpg

So lesson learned (till the next time).

Thanks for watching, cheers Greg 👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back