GB-62 1/48 Spitfire Mk.Vb - Spitfires

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I say it looks pretty close Geo. I'm thinking wheel wells and inner gear doors for a V would be the underside colour, MSG in your case but I'm certainly no expert.

Thanks all. Bizarre week at work, lots of stupid stuff plus snow on day 6. Boss wanted me to bring up the loaded side of the portable crusher ramp by about two feet for about 200yds. Loads were already placed so I just had to bring them across and make everything level. HOWEVER.....the loader operator was too lazy to take out the three foot minus boulders and I was only able to use about half the material. The next day my boss told me I had to redo it, not because it was wrong but because the night shift grader operator took it upon himself to remove all the material I laid out and we were back where we started. Probably about 10 hours work to level out 200yds and cap it. Anyhoo....modellin'. Most of the interior detail painting is done, some touch-ups to do, grey green touch ups are still drying. I hope to clear coat tonight as I probably won't get much done tomorrow; chemical doctor appointment in PG. Weekend probably shot as well. Down to Williams Lake for grandkids lacrosse tourney

IMG_3022.JPG

IMG_3024.JPG

IMG_3026.JPG

First up, good luck with the chemical doc and enjoy the grandkids lacrosse. Second, forget about the sh*t at work, it's done and dusted and things wont change. Third, the paintwork looks good, a little bit of muck and she'll be done. :thumbright: :lol: :lol:

Nice work on the details on the side walls. I just put the pilot in and all my detail work disappeared. Looks nice though, probably with that nice detailing maybe "open the door"?

Back from the doc; PSA number is still super low, .01. The wife always comes in with me to "protect the doctor" from me. The first thing the doc tells me is my PSA number to get my blood pressure down and then she asks me how I am. I usually have a list of things going wrong with me and both the doc and the wife are exchanging glances that usually say, "Is this idiot serious?", and then they take turns ragging on me that if something was wrong I would be notified. This time, before I got on with the list, the wife told the doc what I said as a joke as we were walking in. I told the wife that as soon as the doc asked how I am, I was going to say, "Take a seat, Touhey and buckle up. You're going for a ride". What followed was the best visit I've had in almost three years, everyone laughing for 20 minutes. Anyhoo.....modellin'. Weathering started with a wash, Citadel Agrax Earthshade. Left side done and now, coffee break

IMG_3031.JPG

Weather has ended, a tad over done but it will be darker when closed up. I noticed when editing that the tanks are slightly off.

IMG_3039.JPG

IMG_3042.JPG

Innards are done save for a set of harnesses I stole from another kit while waiting for new ones to arrive. For the longest time I struggled to get good shots of the fuselage halves; propping them up with bottles, putty and tape and having them fall over just as I was about to shoot. Looking around my desk for something to use for this shoot I saw something I bought during the last century and rarely use....

IMG_3041.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back