Hotspace Containment Thread

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Spider?? U want a spider???? How about a Brown Recluse and one of his victims.....

Bad ass spider bite if untreated.....

Attachments

• day_last.jpg
    day_last.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 680
  • day_9.jpg
    day_9.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 675
  • day_6.jpg
    day_6.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 681
  • day_5.jpg
    day_5.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 676
  • day_4.jpg
    day_4.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 680
  • day_3.jpg
    day_3.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 679
  • brown_recluse1.jpg
    brown_recluse1.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 676
Holy sh*t ! Was this guy allergic to spyders bites ?

I know that there is 1 race of spyders and 2 races of tarentullas that are deadly for humans. But I never saw nor heard of a thing like that before.

The deadly spyder race is the "Veuve Noire" (most seen in Europe) and one of the deadly tarentullas races is the "Brazilian Tarentulla". I forgot the name of the other one.

Fortunately, we don't have ANY of them within Canada.

Or Britain. The Funnel Web Spider is pretty deadly too.

Daddy Long Legs actually have the strongest poison known to man but they have no means to use it...if it geting into your bloodstream though you WILL die...

Daddy-longlegs spiders (Pholcidae) - Here, the myth is incorrect at least in making claims that have no basis in known facts. There is no reference to any pholcid spider biting a human and causing any detrimental reaction. If these spiders were indeed deadly poisonous but couldn't bite humans, then the only way we would know that they are poisonous is by milking them and injecting the venom into humans. For a variety of reasons including Amnesty International and a humanitarian code of ethics, this research has never been done. Furthermore, there are no toxicological studies testing the lethality of pholcid venom on any mammalian system (this is usually done with mice). Therefore, no information is available on the likely toxic effects of their venom in humans, so the part of the myth about their being especially poisonous is just that: a myth. There is no scientific basis for the supposition that they are deadly poisonous and there is no reason to assume that it is true.

Funnel-web spiders are found in eastern Australia, including Tasmania, in coastal and highland forest regions - as far west as the Gulf Ranges area of South Australia. Thirty-six species, including three tree dwelling species, have been identified.

The Sydney funnel spider (Atrax robustus) of Australia is often quoted as being the spider with the most dangerous venom. Bites are dangerous and can cause serious illness or death. The venom appears to particularly affect primates (ie humans), whereas other mammals - such as cats and dogs - are relatively resistant.

On the other hand; according to the Guinness Book of Records the worlds most venomous spiders is the Brazilian wandering spider (Phoneutria nigriventer). The Brazilian wandering spider (Phoneutria nigriventer) is regarded by some as the most dangerous spider in the world. It is highly venomous and not reluctant to attack people who appear threatening to it. However, recent studies indicate that it only injects venom in about one-third of its bites and may only inject a small amount in another third. Thus the effects of the bites from this spider can range from only a couple of pin pricks to a full blown envenomation. The Sydney funnel-web spider apparently injects venom in every bite and may thus in effect be more dangerous --

This spider is believed to have the most active neurotoxic venom of any living spider. Its venom is so potent that only 0.006mg (0.00000021oz) is sufficient to kill a mouse.

Attachments

• funnel1.jpg
    funnel1.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 603
  • brazilian_wandering_spider_front.jpg
    brazilian_wandering_spider_front.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 594
  • brasil_tropicalspider.jpg
    brasil_tropicalspider.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 597
And Funnel Webs will actually chase after people! :shock:
Nothing against Aussies, but I don't think I'd wanna live there. At least 8 of the most deadly snakes in the world, huge salt water crocs, every large man-eating shark swims off shore, psychotic venomous spiders...

Nah! I'll stay here, where it's cold and boring! :lol:

They're thinking of legalizing the weed, eventually.
Doubt I'll see it. :rolleyes:

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate Canada. Nothing like it! But suffice it to say, we need to start pulling our collective asses out of the muck (or heads out of asses) and start facing some cold hard facts about alot of things!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back