My New IL2 Video Research Thread...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Damn, they look pretty damn good Dave, top notch.... Question tho, do u think that they would all look so similar in apprearance, with little variation???? I would say that there had to be some degree of difference, but u already have some of that with the different mottling and colorizations....

If u think so, Im good....

Lets see what Erich and Bill have to say before signing off on them..... Thanks once again for such great work....

OK, so the 3 victims I can use for the video have to be from fighter vs fighter losses.... I wanted to use Baers chevron kite for the 2nd of Major Marshalls kills, but this document below sent to me by Bill shows a midair collision for Baer.... The Mscr show Lt Morgan down to flak near Marburg, so I dont know which is correct...

But either way, I cant use him as one of the fallen, dammit.....

Attachments

• ~355fg_foe_JG53~~.jpg
    ~355fg_foe_JG53~~.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 82
Glad you like 'em!

I can't take any credit for the base since it's from a template by Revolver, who does incredible detail work. I did do alot of top work, banding, numerals, and stuff ...plus, we're gonna fine tune these babies according to who's a star of the show, and who's just an extra...

Still kinda irritated over the original batch and thier demise, but that was then, this is now.

Hey Dave, where did 9. staffel, Oblt. Martin von Vacano - Gelbe 7 come from??? I dont recall him.....
This came from Erich's book that gave us some definative details.

One of the names missing from the line-up was Georg Amon's, and I see that he was in 7./JG53 as White 9, so that leaves us with a mystery person, according to Erich's source:
III. gruppe, pilot not known, shot down in air combat crashed near Lohra near Marburg, A/C 100 %, bf 109G-6 ?

I see Amon as part of 9./JG53 Dave, with no listing for the aircraft he was flying...

Different sources????

I was using Erich's stats from his much anticipated book for a resource, and his source was the one that added a number of details we were looking for.

Also, when I was looking for additional aircraft info, I kept seeing Amon as white 9 of 7.JG53.

Glad you like 'em!

I can't take any credit for the base since it's from a template by Revolver, who does incredible detail work. I did do alot of top work, banding, numerals, and stuff ...plus, we're gonna fine tune these babies according to who's a star of the show, and who's just an extra...

Still kinda irritated over the original batch and thier demise, but that was then, this is now.

This came from Erich's book that gave us some definative details.

One of the names missing from the line-up was Georg Amon's, and I see that he was in 7./JG53 as White 9, so that leaves us with a mystery person, according to Erich's source:

Amon on list as 9./JG53 and here is a pic of Amon's then Baer's ship from my Giessen based friends Marko manks and Horst weber

I suspect Amon's ship was dad's second

Attachments

• 355fg foe JG53_Amon 109 [weber}.JPG
    355fg foe JG53_Amon 109 [weber}.JPG
    109.5 KB · Views: 58
  • 355fg foe JG53_Baer [manks].JPG
    355fg foe JG53_Baer [manks].JPG
    35.5 KB · Views: 57
  • 355fg foe JG53_Baer[manks].JPG
    355fg foe JG53_Baer[manks].JPG
    25.2 KB · Views: 59
  • 355fg foe JG53-sep1944.jpg
    355fg foe JG53-sep1944.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 47
Cool Bill...then perhaps Amon was the "unknown" in Erich's data?

That top photo is kind of spooky looking and it's too bad that the second photo is so rough, it would really help to have some good visual ID gathered from it.

As far as Amon's data goes, I can find documentation up to Sicily, where Amon was White 9 (Bf109G-6 W.Nr.18107 7./JG53 through 1943), and then the info jumps to 2 June 1945 where he was struck and wounded by flak, becoming POW for the duration. In this incident, he was in a Bf109K.

Does your info give Amon's assignment, by any chance, example: Black 11, Yellow 3, etc? (fingers crossed)

I dont have anything on Amons crate unfortunatly.... Maybe Erich or Bill....

If, as Bill suggests, that Amon was Berts second kill, and we have nothing viable, can u make something up Dave??? Im pretty sure he was in 9. Staffel, so how about a Black 23???

He's gonna be the bigger star of the 3 kills as his subsequent crash landing and strafing will be well documented....

So, we have Baer leading the formation, split ess and the dive, as well as him killing B-24 Pleasure Bent....

Then comes kill #1, which crate is the most viable???

#2 will be Amon's kite

#3 ???

Help.....

Oh, my bad on that, got the squadrons mixed up.....

Yea, a Yellow 23 done super tits up, as well as tweakin up Baers crate for the closeups....

Still gotta figure out the other 2 kills..... I really like the camo job u did on Yellow 7, the crate of Oblt. Martin von Vacano.... Maybe he can be #3, the unknown that crash landed after losing major meat from 3 of Berts .50 cals....

Oh, my bad on that, got the squadrons mixed up.....

Yea, a Yellow 23 done super tits up, as well as tweakin up Baers crate for the closeups....

Still gotta figure out the other 2 kills..... I really like the camo job u did on Yellow 7, the crate of Oblt. Martin von Vacano.... Maybe he can be #3, the unknown that crash landed after losing major meat from 3 of Berts .50 cals....

I think that would work, having Bert hammer Vacano like that. I've been doing further detail work on both groups this a.m., giving them a little more distinction. I have Amon's (Gelbe 23) on the drawing board as we speak...

I think giving Amon a 23 would be fitting, since Galland busted his a** for failing to intercept B-17s back in Sicily. Amon got lucky and squeeked out of a court martial...lol

Bar Stab III Black 4

Plus a closeup of Bar's Black 4 so you can have an idea of the detail.

And if #23 is a favorite number, wouldn't you want it to be one that kicks uber-ass instead of getting waxed? :lol:

(yeah...I'm a freakin' comedian, huh?)
pi_grr.gif

Attachments

• Black4_Bar1.jpg
    Black4_Bar1.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 71
  • Black4_Bar-close.jpg
    Black4_Bar-close.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 64
Amon is on the scene! (also shown putting a little whupass on a Spitfire)

Doing some finals on the rest of the group...and with Amon, that gives us a final headcount of 8.

Attachments

• Yellow23_Amon.jpg
    Yellow23_Amon.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 84
  • Amon_Spitkill.jpg
    Amon_Spitkill.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 74

Users who are viewing this thread

Back