1/32 Heinkel He 219A-5 - Night War of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

IMG_20151105_013859.jpg

Heinkel He 219 A-0 "Uhu"
by Dusan Lekic

IMG_20151105_013820.jpg

If you really want to go to town on this one Jan, I can supply you with some very good cockpit coloured detail sketches from a very old issue of SAMI (Scale Aviation Modeller Int). Been hanging onto them for when I do my Tamiya kit. PM me your email if interested.

By the way, Tamiya camo id semi gloss black underside with light blue (RLM 76) upper side base coat with grey-violet (RLM 75) blotches.

Looks very cool Jan.

Is that shot of the wing from the one at the Smithsonian? Did not know they had the wing for it.

Great references and examples of the camo scheme. Will be interesting to compare this one to the Ju-88... looking forward to it!

Here is a link to a thread you posted a while ago. Looking at the image posted there I would say the camo was done by the squiggling.

http://ww2aircraft.net/forum/questi...revell-1-32-heinkel-219-7-5-2-late-40891.html

A close up shot of the kite. Unfortunately it's not of a good quality.

View attachment 305121

And here a couple of images of the Uhu of the 310 series.

He 219 A-7 WNr.310117

View attachment 305123

He 219 A-7 WNr.310189

View attachment 305124

He 219 A-7 WNr.310193

View attachment 305125

The pic source: the net.

If my #310213 was an A-5, shouldn't it be a three seater then?
According to Wiki, which we all love....and hate;

He 219 A-5
Planned three-seat night fighter, only some prototypes known to have been built from A-2 airframes

Edit: This would have been the 219A-5/R4!

Last edited:
Jan, much work has been done in recent years to clear up incorrect published information on the He219. 5 years ago, when I put my Tamiya Uhu together, I had done a fair amount of reading to support my subject and could have probably answered your question with confidence. Now......not so much.

If you want the latest and greatest reference on the He219, get yourself a copy of this work: The Heinkel He 219 – A Research Paper | Wing Leader

If that book is anything like their other publications (and I'm sure it is), then it'll be well worth getting.
The authors and illustrators really know their stuff, and have carried out very extensive research for those books I have from them, in the LCA series, the new BoB Combat Archive series, and a few others I have on specific aircraft and units.

There was a long thread on this a couple of years ago by the author, Ron Ferguson, as he was compiling his info but I can't seem to find it there now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back