A new book in my library.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

A vet at work who was stationed in Thailand during the Vietnam War said they called the A-1 "the flying oil well" because she threw so much oil. So much so to the point that it was dangerous to walk on the wing near the fuselage because it was so slippery.

20151208_212212-1.jpg

Been looking for this one for a while. Finally convinced a book seller to part with it for a fair price.

Good stuff chaps.
Received the first of two books on the Heinkel He-111 today, in the form of the classic Heinz Nowarra hard-back, in new condition. The other is the Schiffer 'He-111 on all fronts' volume, which is on its way.

Attachments

• DSCF0001 (15).JPG
    DSCF0001 (15).JPG
    67.6 KB · Views: 56
I've only had a brief 'flip through' it so far Paul, but in general, it seems OK, with lots of good photos, drawings and diagrams.
It does, however, seem to follow the Nowarra style, of being detailed in parts, but sparse in some areas, with chronology jumping around a bit, and I have some doubts about accuracy in a couple of small areas regarding sub-variants, where again some of the info is sparse or dubious, or both, which I need to cross-reference to establish the true information.
But, allowing for the original publication date (1979), it still serves as a good reference.
I very recently read a magazine review following it's first publication in English, in 1980, when it got good ratings, and for the price, in new condition, I can't grumble.

Ah, it's been kept secret, hidden from the eyes of prying, ex-Colonials, and disguised under the title of "Moth Hunting for Beginners", here in Europe, where it always resides on the highest shelf, as we wouldn't want you all to get an information overload, or be otherwise influenced by the contents .............. and I really must get out more, instead of typing such b*ll*cks !!

Ah, it's been kept secret, hidden from the eyes of prying, ex-Colonials, and disguised under the title of "Moth Hunting for Beginners", here in Europe, where it always resides on the highest shelf, as we wouldn't want you all to get an information overload, or be otherwise influenced by the contents .............. and I really must get out more, instead of typing such b*ll*cks !!

Maybe !

.....you mean that there's a world outside that pub/stripjoint, that you frequently visit!!?? :shock: :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back