A new book in my library.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hi Wayne

That pic below is one that i am thinking of doing as it is one of the versions on one of the Eduard kits i have

TC14-Fw190_A.jpg

Hi,
I just bought this book:
BF109ModDatafile-vi.jpg

at a first glance is a very good one, full of detailed information, photos and diagrams.
Besides I h'v been told that the section concerning aircraft used by Italy in WW2 contains some minor errors, I recommend this book to everybody who is building a BF 109 model.
Cheers
Alberto

No, sorry. I just bought this because I will start soon my G-14.
Do you need anything specifically? May be I have it somewhere else.
Alberto

Hi all,
I just received this book I ordered from Amazon:
Desetprelude-vi.jpg

Isn't specifically intended for modellers but is plenty of photos despising aircraft of both opponents, Regia Aeronautica and Commonwealth airforces).
At the end of the book there are 13 pages of colour profiles, here following two examples

CR42Lybia-vi.jpg

SeaGladiators-vi.jpg

Other profiles concern:
Breda BA-65
Fiat CR-32
Fiat CR-42
Savoia Marchetti SM-75
Hawker Hart
Gloster Gladiator Mk II
Gloster Gauntlet Mk II
Blenheim Mk I

If you are interested in these machines or in this specific WW2 theatre/period is a book that I would really recommend.
Cheers
Alberto

I forgot to mention that one of the authors, Hakans Gustavsson, also has a site dedicated to Biplan Figter Aces, if you don't know it, you can find it here:
http://surfcity.kund.dalnet.se/

Last edited:
Hi,
I haven't found any mention to Kagero Books in this thread, so I like to say that I just bought some Kagero monographs, two of them are:
KagBF109Fvol1-vi.jpg

KagBF109Fvol2-vi.jpg

These books, about 100 pages in A4 format, have English text (or Polish/English text), many b/w pictures and 8/9 pages of colour profiles.

The cost, here in Italy is around 20-25 Euros depending on issue so, in my opinion, quite a good value for money.

If you don't know them and are interested you can go here:
Oficyna Wydawnicza - Kagero

Cheers
Alberto

One of my new Kagero books....

This one has a killer decal sheet.....and Jan another 13 !!:D

Attachments

• Kagero_Bf109F_a.JPG
    Kagero_Bf109F_a.JPG
    85.9 KB · Views: 146
  • Kagero_Bf109F_b.JPG
    Kagero_Bf109F_b.JPG
    68.6 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:
Got this beauty in the mail yesterday....some great new pics, backed up with some impressive artwork!

Recommend this one to any Luftwaffe enthusiast!:D

Attachments

• Lutwaffe Gallery No.1.JPG
    Lutwaffe Gallery No.1.JPG
    76.6 KB · Views: 173
Wayneman, would you happen to have anything on RCAF Typhoon HH*W. It was flown by SL Davidson, my surname. My maternal grandmother was a from Nova Scotia. Funny I have become a Commonwealth subject, but she never became a US citizen in her 60 years living in California. I digress.

BTW I am going to be lightening my load of AC books in the near future, no point in letting them go to a second hand store if I can trade for something in here. cheers, Bill

Nice book Wayne, think I'll have to have a look for that one.
Bill, I'll have a look for the Typhoon for you - think I might have a pic and a profile.

I do have a couple of 175 sqn illustrations, HH*N along with a photo of the plane, HH*D, and the Techmod decal sheet with HH*W included. Was just hoping someone had an actual picture of the plane. He was a wing leader as well, you would think there would be more on him. But alas. I would appreciate anything you might have mate! Bill

Users who are viewing this thread

Back