"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (4 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

71A9E29C-1947-467A-B7B3-E38AD34201BD.png

The first deliveries of resumed US military assistance reportedly arrived in Ukraine earlier this week, although it will likely take several additional weeks before Western weapons and ammunition arrive in frontline areas at scale. The New York Times reported on May 3 that the first installment of US military assistance comprised of anti-armor rockets, missiles, and 155-mm artillery shells arrived in Ukraine on April 28, four days after US President Joe Biden signed a bill providing roughly $60 billion in military assistance to Ukraine, and that a second installment of unspecified aid arrived on April 29.[10] The New York Times, citing an unnamed Spanish official, reported that Spanish missiles for Patriot air defense systems recently arrived in Poland and will arrive at the frontline in Ukraine "soon." The New York Times reported that Germany's newly pledged Patriot air defense system is not expected to arrive in Ukraine until late June at the earliest but that the Patriot's arrival could coincide with the arrival of the first F-16 fighter jets.[11] Unnamed officials told The New York Times that it could take several months for a substantial number of Western weapons and equipment to arrive in Ukraine, however.[12] A senior US official, citing a confidential US military assessment, stated that Russia likely will continue to make marginal gains in the east and southeast in the leadup to the May 9 Victory Day holiday but that Russian forces likely do not have enough manpower concentrated in unspecified frontline areas to conduct an immediate large-scale offensive effort. The US military assessment concluded that the Ukrainian frontline will not collapse in the near term despite severe Ukrainian ammunition shortages.

Times have chanched. Neither are are a world dominant player. That cuts the bull shit to real.

Ask me what the french and brits shoved over there.
Good point. Imagine if the British and French had armed the Poles thus in 1939. Though I would argue that compared to then, Britain and France have more air and ground military capability relative to Russia today.

Good point. Imagine if the British and French had armed the Poles thus in 1939. Though I would argue that compared to then, Britain and France have more air and ground military capability relative to Russia today.
1939. If they would have done something different..I do not think they would have exported planes.
Poles were quite up to date considering. But ships as a warning. Some mutual excersises.
Now the stategie of either France, England or Poland would not have been chanched.

But i think a few warships from the English and French make it clear this is it not a one on one. Visiting ports, exercise etc.
I think at this time the Royal Navy was a thing German planners feared. Most of the planners were first hand in how the royal navy strangled any offensive power out of empire. It would have been a turd in a good plan.

The Polish Army in 1939 was one of Europe"s largest militaries and a force to be reconed with.

The problem is, that they were told not to mobilize for fear of provoking Germany (sound familiar?) and it wasn't until the German Army rolled across their border, that they tried to mobilize but it was too late.

They did put up one hell of a fight, though and had they been allowed to mobilize, Germany would have had a very difficult time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back