**** DONE: 1/48 Hawk 75N Royal Thai AF 1940 - Aircraft in Foreign Service GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Looks pretty good Glenn despite the issues. I'm sure you'll get it sorted. I have a Hobbycraft Hurricane in the stash and, just looking at th edecal sheet, I can tell they're rubbish.

A damn fine aircraft Glenn but a shame about the decals issue. I've done the touch up solution a number of times usually with good results. Anyway, good luck.

Fortunately there are not many decals on it, and all but the ones on the rudder went on flat surfaces and didn't work out too bad. I'm going to try to squeeze in some time in tonight to do the touch-up painting, then maybe I can get the panel lines and weathering done this weekend.

The touch-up on the tail decals worked out pretty good, so I went on with the panel line work and some weathering. The Dull cote should be next.

P1076201.JPG
P1076203.JPG
P1076204.JPG

Last edited:
6" of snow and nothing going on at work today but snow removal so I took the day off and was able to do the pastel weathering and seal it all with a shot of Dull Cote. The existing two pictures of this aircraft are not too clear, but from what can be seen it doesn't look real pristine so I went with the hard used look. Still have to do the paint chipping yet.

P1126208.JPG
P1126209.JPG
P1126214.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back