**** DONE: 1/48 Ju88G-6 of 3/NJG 101 - Night War of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

WONDERFUL!

Thought of that solution too John but it looks like the painters went around and into the swastika. That delivery will work as I've resolve that I won't get all this done in one session. I'll start and leave the the vertical stab for last.

Capture.JPG

Here's the work so far, after two fingers of The Macallan. It's going quicker than I thought, this being about an hour's worth of work. A bit rough in spots and these areas will be touched up later.

16022602.jpg
16022603.jpg
16022604.jpg
16022605.jpg

Thanks all. Looking ahead, I see no evidence of any SM cannon on 9W+EL, nor it's sister ship 9W+CL in the photos below. Based on that, I won't be installing any vertical cannon barrels unless someone knows, or sees differently than I do.

ju88g6scan.jpg
ju88gprang.jpg

Thanks everyone. Appreciate the comments

Nice, what pressure are you using on your airbrush and what is the tip size?

The guage was set at 22psi. Tamiya acrylics, thinned 50 to 60%. The brush is an Iwata HP-C Plus which only comes with a 0.3mm tip. Frequent removal of the nozzle and wipe down of the needle was done - about every 30 seconds - to minimize spatter thought I didn't always win on that count as you can see by the close-ups below.

Fact is, I'm not fully happy with the results as, this being such a large model, the application was done over 2 sessions and the technique changed over the course of the work. Here's how the model now looks with all of the uppers done save for the vertical stab which awaits the swastika decals that John kindly donated.

16022801.jpg

The starboard wing got a fresh cup of paint and a different set up for painting so the pattern ended up with a noticeable difference than that of the port wing, the latter being slightly tighter and, frankly, not as clean. The engine was masked off and left in the factory scheme, owing to an apparent engine change seen in the photo of the original.

16022802.jpg
16022803.jpg

I may go over the port wing with tactical shots of highly thinned RLM 76 to get rid of some of the irregularities. Gotta pull my finger out now if I hope to finish next week. Still have to finish the landing gear and modify the unacceptable kit antenna parts.

Thanks for looking in.

That's bl**dy good Andy!
I think it's more than acceptable as it is, and will be more so when the final clear coat is applied, but you're the one who's got the model in front of him, and can maybe see what we can't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back