**** DONE: 1/48 P51D Mustang - Aircraft Nose Art GB.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yep... looking great. However a note here.... the rudder was covered with canvas as memo serves.

Ahoy Fellows
thanks Fellas for all of your replies on my GB Mustang. Been at this all morning long I finally have the fuselage completely covered ready for painting and decaling of the fuselage unit. Still doing some burnishing to smooth out the foil..... On the next update build report the decals will be in place I am building this as a sub assembly unit not very much parts to the kit in general.. A hardy thank you Paul for the heads up on this kit the bottom inspection panel does present a bad fit issue here it seems to over lap both fuselage sides a tad I went a head and filed down the panel so it will be flush with both sides of the fuselage unit. I went ahead and airbrushed the Olive Drab anti glare panel the decals will do the rest going slow and getting there .. This is the first time I built one of these 1/48 monogram P-51s not to hateful of a kit goes together fast but there are far much better kiuts then this one out there I just happened to have this in my stash a good calling for the GB. Here is the update build report on the GB nose Art.

Boats:D:D:D:D

Attachments

• PICT0001.JPG
    PICT0001.JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 58
  • PICT0002.JPG
    PICT0002.JPG
    45.7 KB · Views: 65
  • PICT0003.JPG
    PICT0003.JPG
    42.4 KB · Views: 72
  • PICT0004.JPG
    PICT0004.JPG
    46.9 KB · Views: 62
  • PICT0005.JPG
    PICT0005.JPG
    46 KB · Views: 64
  • PICT0006.JPG
    PICT0006.JPG
    53.5 KB · Views: 68
Ahoy Gents
thanks again fellas for replies, This will be the last update for the day I done to much as I should but got over excited about the decals so I went a head forward and applied them.. As you all can see its getting there this is one of my favorite decal schemes colorful to say the least, The next update will tomorrow the fitting of the wings and the covering when the decals dry I will give the fuselage the final burnishing.

boats:D:D:D:D

Attachments

• PICT0007.JPG
    PICT0007.JPG
    44 KB · Views: 63
  • PICT0008.JPG
    PICT0008.JPG
    41.2 KB · Views: 63
  • PICT0009.JPG
    PICT0009.JPG
    36.1 KB · Views: 61
Ahoy Fellow Modelers
Thanks guys for your all of your wonderful replies. The update of the day is the covering of the wings I will have this done this evening sometime.. then next I will add the remainder of the decals. with that aluminum finish you almost shave off of the wings. As to the assembly of the wings they go on without fuss, only bad fit issue of the kit is the inspection panel of the underside of the forward section of the fuselage your ri9ght Paul.. Here is the update for the evening tomorrow I will post another update.

Boats:D:D:D:D

Attachments

• PICT0001.JPG
    PICT0001.JPG
    44.8 KB · Views: 65
  • PICT0002.JPG
    PICT0002.JPG
    41.3 KB · Views: 55
  • PICT0003.JPG
    PICT0003.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 62
  • PICT0004.JPG
    PICT0004.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 70
Ahoy Wayne
Thank you Dear Friend for your reply, I use Microscale Bare metal adhesive for this the stuff works wonders a lot better then my old formula contact cement thinned down with laquer thinner the way the build is going I might be the first one to finish the Group build...... aluminum foil makes the build go quicker thanks buddy for your reply you the man.

Boats

Thanks Boats. Though as much as I'd like to be Wayne, I'll be content to be plain old Andy!

Ahoy Andy
My upmost apologizes I must be having a senior moment I been on you tube to long and starting to forget my great friends here on this wonderful forum. I am truly sorry my great friend.

Boats

Users who are viewing this thread

Back