**** DONE: 1/48 Westland Whirlwind Mk.I - Allied Manufactured Aircraft

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Hugh and John,

current state of play glossed and main decals done discovered i didn't have the serials i thought I had, so tomorrow will try and create what I need from some US serials.

Attachments

• 86_Main Decals_2307.jpg
    86_Main Decals_2307.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 126
  • 87_Main Decals_2308.jpg
    87_Main Decals_2308.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 120
Beautiful! What do you use for your gloss coat Wayne, if you don't mind me asking?

Beautiful! What do you use for your gloss coat Wayne, if you don't mind me asking?

Don't mind at all John, Gunze Sangyo Aqueous hobby Colour H30 Clear Gloss,

Now took me my entire lunch break to do those serial Codes using a broad 60 degree US code set each was too wide so they were cut vertically in half and each corner of the 60 degree angle was very carefully trimmed to reduce the angular shape to appear slightly rounded, at a scale 4mm high this was not the easiest thing to do, and then each half slightly overlapped when applied to reduce their width from the original.
Even though these codes are probably a tad thicker than the real codes I think they will suffice....

Thanks to all you guys for your kind comments.

Attachments

• Gunze Gloss_.jpg
    Gunze Gloss_.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 115
  • 88_US Code Numbers_2314.jpg
    88_US Code Numbers_2314.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 110
  • 89_Fuselage Serial_2309.jpg
    89_Fuselage Serial_2309.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 117
  • 90_Fuselage Serial_2311.jpg
    90_Fuselage Serial_2311.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
Does the AQUEOUS in that paint title have anything to do with it being water based or that you can use water as a thinner?

Like tamiya they have an alcohol base and normally you should use their thinners or isopropyl alcohol, water would not be my first choice as a thinner even though I use water to clean up along with the iso alcohol.

Now, my progress has been great today but with nothing yesterday...i will take another 48 hours to be done, have added the undercarriage, wheels, cannons, rod behind the seat (not in kit) painted and glossed the canopy, painted the props and spinners too, plus the undercarriage covers.

There are various 'bits' still to do, another gloss coat tomorrow and flat coat the day after....hopefully to finish, the good thing is i have a weeks annual leave so it will be Finished no matter what.

Attachments

• 91_Undercarriage  Cannons_2316.jpg
    91_Undercarriage Cannons_2316.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 94
  • 92_Canopy Painted_2321.jpg
    92_Canopy Painted_2321.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 116
  • 93-Undercarriage Covers_2324.jpg
    93-Undercarriage Covers_2324.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 87
  • 94_Spinners  Props_2326.jpg
    94_Spinners Props_2326.jpg