**** DONE: 1/72 P-51B Mustang of Tex Hill - Aircraft of the Aces GB.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

dirkpitt289

Master Sergeant
Jul 16, 2009
South Plainfield New Jersey
Username: Dirkpitt289
First name: Dirk
Category: Beginner
Scale: 1/72
Manufacturer: Revell
Model Type: North American P-51B Mustang
Details: Single seat Fighter/Interceptor
Accessories: None

I'm not going to get into a long history of Tex Hill as Chris (Nxthanos) detailed all that in his P-40 build for this very group build. The only real thing I can add is that Tex Hill claimed 6 kills in his P-51B steed. 8)

TexHill03.jpg

TexHill02.jpg

TexHill01.jpg

Color profile of Tex's P-51B Mustang

TexHillP-51b.jpg

The Kit

IMG_4207.jpg

IMG_4208.jpg

IMG_4209.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I was going to say nice start Dirk, but your way past just a start, so 'Nice work!' I don't think I've ever seen anyone do Tex Hill's P-51. Looking forward to it.

Nice work sofar! Gonna keep an eye on this build as I got me this little kit a while back also. Be interesting to see how it comes together. (Initially I got it for a groupbuild also, but I was too late to join so regular project it will be)

Last edited:
I realize I don't have a lot of time to complete this build so I'm not going to go crazy but one thing I did want to do was re-position the flaps.

So its time for a little surgery

IMG_4229.jpg

IMG_4230.jpg

IMG_4231.jpg

Installing the lower scoops

IMG_4232.jpg

IMG_4233.jpg

IMG_4234.jpg

Next it will be time to fill in the gaps in the wings where the flaps will be reattached

You know it really isn't a bad kit and not for nothing but it's not even an Academy kit.:oops::p

So far it seems Revell did ok with this one or should I say whom ever built it first. I don't believe it was a Matchbox like so many other Revell kits.

Pics aren't showing for me, but sounds good Dirk. far as I know, the kit is the original Monogram moulding, first released in the 1970s, and basically a scaled-down version of their 1/48th kit - still good today.

I agree with Terry. It's one of the best 1/72 scale P-51B/C kits. A few incorrections don't make it a plastic scrap contrary to these of Academy.

Keep working at , Dirk. Looking good.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back