Done : Bf109G-6 Yellow 9 of JG54 Gruppe Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

G6AS
G6AS
G10
G10
G14 AS late
G14 late

Attachments

• G6_AS_left.jpg
    G6_AS_left.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 67
  • G6_AS_right.jpg
    G6_AS_right.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 142
  • G10.jpg
    G10.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 81
  • G10 left.jpg
    G10 left.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 132
  • G14_AS_left late.jpg
    G14_AS_left late.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 68
  • G14_right_late.jpg
    G14_right_late.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 65
Judging by the cowlings, that looks like an AS ! More confusion!
Dan, some G14's were without the mast, but had the Erla hood. Most were fitted with the 'short' mast, as on the late G6 - see my 'Yellow 13' in the Gustav thread thingy. I like that 'Pik As' that Wojtek posted, and I think I've got some decals that would work for that one Dan. It should have the wing-top wheel bulges as per your kit, and you've got the fin/rudder and can of peas!
Let me know if you're interested in the decals.

So does anybody have the Stab and GruppenKommandeur Winkle decals they can let go of??? I think I have all the other decals and stencils rewuired....

Also, what kinda RLM colors am I lookin at for Gerds crate here??? Looks to be 4 different colors, with 78 bein real prominent... Also wierd partial white spinner stipe on lower part of spinner rim.... WTF is that all about?

Dan, far as I can see, Stamp's crate is 74/75/76; Wayne might have the full details, as it was him who provided me with the profile etc some time ago. That light colour on the lower part of the spinner, I reckon is where the underside RLM 76 was sprayed, 'overflowing' onto the spinner back plate.
I've got some 1/48th scale winkels, but I'll need to check the design/configuaration. If they're any good, they're yours mate.

So does anybody have the Stab and GruppenKommandeur Winkle decals they can let go of??? I think I have all the other decals and stencils rewuired....

Also, what kinda RLM colors am I lookin at for Gerds crate here??? Looks to be 4 different colors, with 78 bein real prominent... Also wierd partial white spinner stipe on lower part of spinner rim.... WTF is that all about?

Will check my stash of decals too!

The Camo is 74/75/76 although the profile appears to have 3 colours of mottle there is only 2..74/75 if there was a third colour it would most likely be RLM 02...even Eagle Ed. state 74/75.

Thanks for the offer Terry, hopefully it'll work out, as I think Gerhard Stamp was a hellova leader....

Interesting info Wayne.... RLM 76 undercoat with ONLY 74 and 75 mottles.... Wonder why they are showing RLM02 splotches then in the profile, cause that really makes it stand out for me.....

Grrrr.....

Any other refrence material on this crate fellas where we can confirm/deny the use of RLM02 mottle????

Attachments

• 74 75 76 Model Master Colors.jpg
    74 75 76 Model Master Colors.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 47
  • 02 Model Master Colors.jpg
    02 Model Master Colors.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 52
Dan, I don't mean to encroach on Terry here, but I don't think that is over spray on the spinner. I think the spinner USED to be half white/half black, and then was just over-painted with black, except for that small section of course. Just my thoughts, as I've seen the half and half done before.

I don't have a problem with that, Cory and Dan. In fact, that was my first thought, but I based my answer on the tones shown in the profile. I do think that Cory is nearer the mark though.
Now, that RLM02 mottle. It may be that the artist has interpreted some different toned patches as RLM02, or, those same patches could be a lighter, thinner spray of 74 or 75, which, I believe, is more likely the case. If in doubt, however, leave off the 02.
Right, Winkels!
I've found long ones, short ones, tall ones and strange ones, but I haven't found the right bl**dy ones!
I can't seem to winkel out a Winkel!
BUT - I have found one that could possibly be adapted; it's black, with a white outline only, and the inner, small Winkel is open-ended also, so would need 'filling in'. Problem is, there is no thin black outline around the white.
So, unless Wayne can find you one, or you use mine or get the Eagle Cals sheet (what, just for 2 Winkels?!!), the only other option is mask and paint.
Over to you mate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back