**** DONE: Curtiss P-40M-5 Kittyhawk III, ‘Wairarapa Wildcat’, C’wealth GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Everyone....possible I may get the white recognition markings on maybe tomorrow night, depends on my critical eye checking things over at lunch time....if I am not satisfied then Wednesday....

found a couple of small issues to deal with....these were quickly fixed....I got home early from work and whacked on the white for the recognition markings.....this will now not be masked until Thursday lunchtime at the earliest....want to get more paint on over the weekend.

Attachments

• 66_White Markings_0488.jpg
    66_White Markings_0488.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 105
  • 67_White Markings_0490.jpg
    67_White Markings_0490.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 80
Very nice looking Wayne. What's that pylon on the underside of the left wing between the landing gear and the guns. I don't think I've ever noticed that on a P-40 before. Looks a little like what was on the early P-36's to catch the shells.

Ah ! wondered if you were going to paint them on or use decals !!!

looks great as always

Gotta be painted...to get the look right and add the dark border around the striping, the dark border will be added after the camo is done so that will mean a whole lot of extra masking.....

Sprayed a bit of extra white today as the white stripe over the forward fuselage is a bit further forward than the instructions show.
Sprayed the spinner too, forgot that yesterday...:rolleyes:

Also added the sway braces for the drop tank...

Ok Masking of the stripes is done!! Minus the section on the Port Aileron.

....and you can see the tank sway braces too....

Attachments

• 68_Stripes Masked_0521.jpg
    68_Stripes Masked_0521.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 67
  • 69_Stripes Masked_0524.jpg
    69_Stripes Masked_0524.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 86
Thanks Guys, painting definitely tomorrow, it's my day and the Missus will leave me alone to get on with it!:D

so big transformation coming...:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back