**** DONE: GB-50 1:72 Messerschmitt Me 323D-1 - Zombie build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Bustedwing

Tech Sergeant
Dec 6, 2005
North Delta BC
Username: Bustedwing
First name: Graham
Category: Advanced
Manufacturer: Italeri
Model Type Me 323 Kit#1104
Add Ons: Some scratch built details.

I actually started this kit back in March and had it posted in the " Start to finish" section. Then things got in the way and I haven't done much to it since. Link below.

Italeri 1:72 scale Me 323

I also built the Italeri Me321 several years ago. Link below. I also realized I never posted pictures of the completed model which I will take care of.

Italaerei Me 321 Gigant

Last edited:
Ok, a final kick start back on the zombie build. I start these bigger kits and then I stall but I'm back at it. Some progress pictures. Lot's of scratch building, as much as I like to be accurate I have to say I'm taking a few liberties more for effect than anything else. Pumping up the cockpit tub and adding some depth to the wings.

Me-323 (20)r.jpg

Me-323 (17)r.jpg

Me-323 (19)r.jpg

Some progress updates. Engine nacelles and cowlings are glued up and painted. Cockpit is done and ready to be installed. I know it's not entirely exactly accurate but I think it will look the part once the canopy is glued on and painted. Ready to start assembling things. I've kind of tossed the instructions as far as steps. I think I'll paint it in sections and then assemble it. I don't want to go through the grief I did with the 321 in that every step of the way I broke off some of the knickknacks, balance weights, actuators etc for the control surfaces and ther are A LOT of them !! The instructions are very vague as to the exact placement of parts as well as inaccurate. The colour call out calls for RLM 74/83 over 65 ?? I can't find a reference for this anywhere. Seems they were all painted 70/71/65. Also, the instructions shows the installation of the Walter rockets and so far I've been unable to verify they were ever used on the 323? I think I'll just stick to the 70/71/65. I have seen quite a few funky looking schemes on some of the models people have built though !

Me-323 (22)r.jpg

Me-323 (23)r.jpg

Me-323 (25)r.jpg

Me-323 (28)r.jpg

Me-323 (30)r.jpg

Me-323 (31)r.jpg

Me-323 (33)r.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back