**** DONE: Spitfire Mk. Vb Trop. BS231 “D” of No 452 Sqn defending Darwin .

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks, means a great deal......
There goin up the "old boy" this morning with a camera, finally.... to find out why I can't drain the snake! Then who knows what! Just a roto rooter or the kitchen knife again!!!!!!!!!!!

will it never end.
Been there, done that. Not pleasant. Hope it goes well for you bill.

Thinking of you Bill, and hoping the camera is a 120 Hassleblad !

Now THAT would be torture!!!!!!! A little roto rooter joband all May be well. Overnight in this palace and should be home. A week with the boda bag, again. But at least I can get some work done on the Typhoon and the Spitty. For This is what reallllly counts.

Oops! Just spotted my error! That should have read hoping it ISN'T a 120 Hassleblad !!
Hope it goes well and recovery is swift and comfortable.

Trying to correct yourself after the fact, yeah sure.........:) Scarred to a pinhole.. roto rooter and another catheter...... damn...... now BP is 115/50 and pulse is 45, who knows what the blazes is going on. May not make it out of here today. Then further behind on my builds!!!!!!!!!!

I'm gutted........ after all this work, and casting the Vc wing blisters, the filler is dissolving the cast material......... bl00dy h3ll....... now I guess I'll have to find some aftermarket blisters and adapt them. But first I'll have to get these off the wings....

Bugger, it was all going so well..... the filler is dissolving the cast wing gun blisters I made. Now I have to get them off, and find some after market pieces, didn't expect this, not this late in the build.....

Attachments

• 13a.jpg
    13a.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 106
  • 13b.jpg
    13b.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 102
  • 13c.jpg
    13c.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 96
That really stinks Bill! How about casting new blisters then using a different filler. (After testing it for compatibility with your casting material)

T, I would try, but I have run out of patience with it and have ordered some blisters and will modify them to fit this kit. I still have to get these off as they are super glued to the wings. With all going on medically, I am just glad I have progressed to this stage. Just painting and detailing on both builds. The blisters are in the post. As a matter of fact, I think I have developed a new swearing dialect! Or the start of one. I will Overcome, Dammit!

What rotten luck Bill, who wouldn't be spitting chips. What sort of filler were you using? Also glad you could get replacements quickly and good luck with the removal process.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back