Euro 2012

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

b - there will be another civil war in the family. My wife is German and has 2 brothers and 2 sisters that will all be on my neck. The brothers are much bigger than me.
Plus we have tradition to bet on the game: last time i bet against Italy and I lost, so now I owe my wife a dinner in a good restaurant. At least this is what i think, she claims I owe her a Porsche 911.

:lol:

I fortunately do not have that problem.

Very good! Germany beats Greece 4:2.

I unfortunately was not able to see the game today because of work. I will have to watch the game tomorrow. From what I have heard though, the Germans played very well and dominated most of the game.

What an amazing game!

Best offense performance from germany in this tournament!
Best game from Özil, I hope he will stay on this performance!
Klose, Reus and Schürrle were very good alternatives.

Boateng was a bit the unlucky guy of the game!

I don't know which team I want for semi final. I think England is more "easy" for the german team then Italy.
Personally I want the challenge with Italy to get revenge on 2006.

So I wish more for Italy in semi final

I too do not know who I want. I think I would rather have England, because of the history.

I honestly think though that at the current time, Germany can beat either team. Of course anything can happen and Germany could lose horribly.

Du musst jetzt aber nicht den Teufel an die Wand malen.............

Sorry I know you understand this, and I can't explain this phrase proper in english!

Sorry DonL, but it is football, anything can happen.

Just watched the game though, and Germany looked very impressive! Very fast and dominate.

Aufgehts Deutschland!!!

Yeah Bad game ..

Germans looked very good but the Greeks were hopeless with a joke of a goalkeeper.

I wouldn't count any chickens yet. Overconfident is a bad thing.

Germay two categories above Greece, definitely a candidate for the final.
In the other QF, Cristiano Ronaldo 1 - Czech 0
Now i'm watching Spain-France: Spain is unstoppable until the 20 mt, then they lack someone who finalize all the actions they produce. France plan seems trying to contain and hoping in a surprise attack.
Will be interesting the 2nd half, French have to run like hell to contain the tourbillon generated by the spaniards, they might be very tired after an hour.
Spain as strong as Germany, as Adler says 'the ball is round' but most likely that will be the final.

Italy playing better but wasting too many opportunities, this last one of DeRossi is unacceptable.
In football when you waste you get punished. Then, there is the question mark about athletic range in the last 30 minutes.
ops, here is another goal incredibly missed, s..t

Don't have the same impression. England annihilated, always forced to defend in 10 for 110 minutes over 120.
But in football you win only if you push the ball behind the line, and Italy did not pushed it (honestly was not lucky either..)
Now the penalties, and everything can happen.

As much as I would have loved to see Italy go home, the better team won. England would not have deserved it. Even though they were playing better in the second, the English were just to one dimensional, lacked ball control, and in my opinion the will to win.

I expect much more from such a storied team with such talent.

Oh well bring on Italy. Should be a good game on Thursday.

OK, it's over.
In addition to the 10 runners, we still have Gigi Buffon who can still hypnotize the opponent!

.. but the damn Pirlo shooting the penalty with the 'spoon' in such an occasion... had he missed it, he'd better fly straight to New Zealand (that is the nation geographically most distant from Italy)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back