**** FINISHED: GB-36 1/48 Bf110D - Axis Manufactured Aircraft of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Airframes

Benevolens Magister
Aug 24, 2008
Cheshire, UK
Username: Airframes.
Name: Terry.
Category. Judge - non competing.
Aircraft: Bf110D
Scale. 1/48th.
Kit. Eduard Bf110E
Accessories: True Details resin wheels, Quickboost resin exhausts, some scratch-building and parts from the Fujimi kit, decals from the kit and decals files.

Here it is, at last, the Bf110D of 1/ZG76, shot down during the raid on the north east of England on 15th August 1940, and force landed near Barnard Castle.
The six obligatory pics, and a couple of extras.
Thanks to all for the positive comments and encouragement during this tedious build - definitely not one of my better attempts, but good enough for the rather large BoB collection, and it's now in the cabinet, and staying there !!

Bf110 Dackle build 345.JPG
Bf110 Dackle build 346.JPG
Bf110 Dackle build 347.JPG
Bf110 Dackle build 342.JPG
Bf110 Dackle build 343.JPG
Bf110 Dackle build 344.JPG
Bf110 Dackle build 349.JPG
Bf110 Dackle build 350.JPG
Bf110 Dackle build 352.JPG
Bf110 Dackle build 353.JPG

Thanks for the kind words chaps.
Dennis, yes, I fitted the the two cannons.
In period pics, the cannon ports are visible, although of course that's no guarantee that the weapons were installed. However. the account of this particular operation, by the pilot, although not confirming that they were fitted, hints that they were. Contrary to some descriptions of the rear MG15 being removed on these aircraft for this mission, this was in place, and used on this operation.

Thanks very much Andy, good of you to say so.
It could be better in places, and there are still a couple of things I need to tweek a bit, but it's good enough for the collection.

Thanks Hugh and Kirby.
If nothing else, I've learned what to look out for when i build the other Eduard Bf110 !

Thanks Vic. I could have been betetr, but after all the fiddling to get the fir right, I'd had enough, and just wanted to finish it. Reminds me of that Airfix *uc*anneer !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back