GB-61 1/48 Kawanishi N1K2-J Shidenkai (George) - Carrier and Maritime Aircraft

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hello,
The cockpit is ready to be installed in the fuselage. I chose a color close to FS34127 a little faded. It seems that the color behind components were in this shade (FS34127/FS34097). The FS34258 that we often see seems to me the original color very faded/weathered. But that's just my interpretation :)
View attachment 765232View attachment 765233View attachment 765234View attachment 765235View attachment 765236View attachment 765237View attachment 765238

Hasegawa notes that the access hatch behind the cockpit on the starboard side for the raft need to be deleted for the wide chord fin variant (the one I'm building). It's clear that the narrow variant had this access hatch but I couldn't find anything on the subject regarding the wide variant. Any infos about it please ?
I haven't the Aero Detail #26...!!! :shock:😭😁
With all on the cockpit detailing....amazing!

Hello,

First step of painting is done: alu (all over), dark alu (some underside panels) and matte alu (control surfaces) applied
DSCN7622.JPGDSCN7625.JPG
I'm waiting for masks ordered from Dead Design Models. The Montex masks are unusable, I don't understand, I used Montex masks on some of my models without any problem but this time the vinyl has hardened and almost no longer sticks. Maybe too "aged"...?
Next step will be the green color :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back