GB-61 1/48 Messerschmitt Bf 109 T - Carrier and Maritime Aircraft

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Mainly28s

Senior Airman
Jun 19, 2015
South-East UK
mainly28s.com
Username: Maninly28s
First name: Olaf
Category: Intermediate
Scale: 1/48
Manufacturer: MPM 48023
Extras: a replacement canopy, if I can find an E-3 one, as the kit-supplied one has significantly yellowed. Decals to allow for the creation of a T-1.
PXL_20240213_172243841.jpg

I don't suppose anyone in the UK has a spare 1:48th Messerschmitt Bf 109 E-3 canopy I can buy?

Username: Maninly28s
First name: Olaf
Category: Intermediate
Scale: 1/48
Manufacturer: MPM 48023
Extras: a replacement canopy, if I can find an E-3 one, as the kit-supplied one has significantly yellowed. Decals to allow for the creation of a T-1.
View attachment 764434

I don't suppose anyone in the UK has a spare 1:48th Messerschmitt Bf 109 E-3 canopy I can buy?
pretty sure i have one,

let me have a look as i'm not sure about the windscreen and rear parts.

let you know in a couple of days.

Due to a load of family commitments (my nonagenarian father's health is not good), I've been slow in progressing this one, but here's the next step- the fuselage has been assembled, and one of the wings has top and bottom halves connected. The lack of pins makes a lot of the joints very much a guess-work, but it's actually not a bad little kit. I will be spending time on the cockpit next- again, not a huge amount, as my fingers and eyes aren't nimble enough to do what Evan's doing (in 1:72nd!) in 1:48th, but it'll be good enough for my collection.
PXL_20240317_142754681.jpg

Rochie sent me a replacement canopy for the extremely yellowed one I got with this kit, which looks like it'll fit with minimal fettling.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back