How many unfinished Kits do you have?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Heller MS 406 Polish
Revell Spitfire MkVB 309FS, 39FG WZ*Y
Sword Re2001
Arma Hurricane MkI box decals

Partially and soon to be completed:

Iconicair 1/32 Spiteful.

I've been working on this for a while now as it takes a bit of work to get it together. I started on the paint yesterday.

Next in the lockdown, in an order yet to be determined by paint availability (I don't have all the US equivalents of the British DFS in my collection, so I need to source them for the P-51, and some masks for the national markings).

Tamiya 1/32 P51-D

Special Hobby 1/32 Fi 103 A-1/Re 4 (the version of the V-1 piloted by a 'volunteer').

I don't have any other incomplete kits at all. I don't collect kits or keep a stash.

Amended list to show the Typhoon and Bf 109E are finished
A-6E Tram - White
S-A/B Viking - White
C-105 Arrow - Really white
CT-155 Hawk - Managed to bugger up the NFTC marking on the tail.
Seafire Mk.XV - Buggered up the RCN serial(Now have replacement)
RCAF P-51 Mustang - Cobbled together decals to make the codes. Now have the proper codes and will replaced.
Spitfire Mk. VIII - Now have the decals to finish as James "Stocky" Edwards aircraft.
P-40F - Looking for decals to finish as James "Stocky" Edwards aircraft.
P-40N - Don't like the paint scheme. Found an RCAF scheme
Spitfire Mk.V - Need white code letter decals to finish as George Beurlings aircraft.
Bf 109E - Now have decals to finish as a "captured" British aircraft
Fw190D - Probably strip the paint off, redo, and decal as a "captured" aircraft.
P-26 Peashooter - tiny exhausts went hither and yon.
L-4 Grasshopper - engine mounting problems.
P-400 Airacobra - Now have decals to finish as 601 Sqn. aircraft
P-47N - Built but needs paint and now have decals for "The Shell Pusher", my call sign on CFS3.
Sack AS-6 - Problems mounting the innards.
E.E. Lightning F.6 - Something to do with the front end.
Il-2 Sturmovik - Trying to create a worn winter camouflage, lost interest.
SDB-3 - Problems fitting the gunners station.
Ju87G - Lost the antenna mast.
Me109F - Can't remember why I stopped this one but now have decals for a "captured" aircraft.
Typhoo Mk.Ib - Missing instructions
Fw 190A-3 - I forgot I had started this.

Amended list to show the Typhoon and Bf 109E are finished
A-6E Tram - White
S-A/B Viking - White
C-105 Arrow - Really white
CT-155 Hawk - Managed to bugger up the NFTC marking on the tail.
Seafire Mk.XV - Buggered up the RCN serial(Now have replacement)
RCAF P-51 Mustang - Cobbled together decals to make the codes. Now have the proper codes and will replaced.
Spitfire Mk. VIII - Now have the decals to finish as James "Stocky" Edwards aircraft.
P-40F - Looking for decals to finish as James "Stocky" Edwards aircraft.
P-40N - Don't like the paint scheme. Found an RCAF scheme
Spitfire Mk.V - Need white code letter decals to finish as George Beurlings aircraft.
Bf 109E - Now have decals to finish as a "captured" British aircraft
Fw190D - Probably strip the paint off, redo, and decal as a "captured" aircraft.
P-26 Peashooter - tiny exhausts went hither and yon.
L-4 Grasshopper - engine mounting problems.
P-400 Airacobra - Now have decals to finish as 601 Sqn. aircraft
P-47N - Built but needs paint and now have decals for "The Shell Pusher", my call sign on CFS3.
Sack AS-6 - Problems mounting the innards.
E.E. Lightning F.6 - Something to do with the front end.
Il-2 Sturmovik - Trying to create a worn winter camouflage, lost interest.
SDB-3 - Problems fitting the gunners station.
Ju87G - Lost the antenna mast.
Me109F - Can't remember why I stopped this one but now have decals for a "captured" aircraft.
Typhoo Mk.Ib - Missing instructions
Fw 190A-3 - I forgot I had started this.
Ah, but how many unstarted kits do you have? "There lies the rub".

I keep a spreadsheet of my stash and here's a list of my unfinished kits:

Capture.JPG

Not included on this page are 3 ship models, one of which is started but none are finished.

Good evening everyone;

As I said on my previous posts I am a victim of chronic dispersitis and therefore often have 4 or 5 projects in progress as well as a significant amount of unfinished kit.

To date, I have on the workbench:

_ FW 190A-5 (Eduard 1/48) -> during assembly
_ Me 262A-1a (Dragon 1/48) -> modification of the shutters
_ Me 262A-1a (Tamiya 1/48) -> being assembled
_ Me 262B-1a / U2 Nachtjäger (Dragon 1/48) -> being assembled
_ Me 262B-1a Training (Dragon + Scratch 1/48) -> being assembled
_ MiG 21 MFN (Eduard 1/48) -> pose stencils + diorama in progress
_ JJ-5 NVAF (Hobby Boss 1/48) -> almost ready for painting

On a more or less long term break:

_ Noratlas (Heller 1/72)
_ Fulmar Mk II (Eduard 1/48)
_ F-100D (Trumpeter 1/48)
_ CF-104G (Italeri 1/32)
_ H-21C "Flying Banana" (Italeri 1/48)
_ MiG 21 PFS Izdeliye 94A Fishbed F (Eduard PFM + PF + Scratch 1/48)
_ V-173 Flying Pancake (Sword 1/48)
_ PZL P-23A Karas (Mirage Hobby 1/48)
_ Ar 196A-3 (Revell 1/32)
_ P18-150 Super Cub Floatplane (Revell 1/32)
_ Cougar 6 x 6 MRAP (Meng 1/35)
_ M1151 HMMVV (Academy + Eduard 1/35)
_ A-222 Bereg (Trumpeter 1/35)
_ M4A3 -76 (W) Sherman (Tasca 1/35)
_ S-75 Dvina (Trumpeter 1/35)
_ GAZ AAA & Quad M4 Maxim (Mini Art 1/35)

and at least another fortnight ...

Cordially.

i think 4, a Sherman Firefly just couldn't do the one piece at a time track and the after market one wasn't long enough. lost the box somewhere so all the hatches are missing . Have a resin Fokker from dutch airforce, the push pull engine one, landing gear just wouldn't stick, a hobby craft Dornier that I just gave up on and a Macchi 200 that has the metal and resin parts that just defeated me

I went over my list and updated it. Finished a couple and added more than a few. I really need to spend more time on these zombies, some are really close to being finished.

1) P-40 Twin - Last worked on a week ago. Stopped to finish the current GB Finished 2014
2) Short Stirling
- Not worked on since last month. Same reason
3) Robert L Scotts P-40K - 8 months. Don't really know why I didn't get back to this one.
4) F-102 - Lost the canopy. Got too busy with group builds and never got back to it.
6) B-17C - 15 Years. The masking for the second shade of silver began to get to me so I took a break and never returned. Presently working on
7) Boeing 307
- 15 years. Lots of problems with this one but the reason I stopped was that as there were no longer panel lines on the wings, so I was going to pull the masking off the B-17C after it was painted and put it on the 307's wings. Presently working on
8 ) Bristol Bulldog
- 25 years. Ripped off some decals removing masking. Eventually bought another kit for the decals but never got back to it
9) Supermarine S6B - 25 years. Managed to mix up the pontoon parts so all the attachment slots are on one and none on the other. I bought another one of these kits too, but never got back to it.
10) Fokker DVII - 25 Years. I was going through a biplane faze back then and it ran it's course before these were completed.
11) Nieuport 17 – See above
12) Rufe (Zero float plane) - Had a brain fart and sprayed the dullcoat before the decals. Doh!
13) A6M2 Zero - Just need to put on the prop and cowl......for the last 21 years
14) Grumman XF5-1 Skyrocket - Just the props for this one....only about 19 years
15) AMT F4U-1 Corsair, the old AMT kit. Finished except for the decals and the long lost canopy. Did this one before I moved to the city so it's at least 27 years
16) RMS Campbelltown 4 stack destroyer - Had the deck done and the front portion was broken off in an accident. It can be repaired but I never did. At least 19 years ago. Repaired the deck and assembled the Hull a couple of months ago, but again on hold.
17) XP-55 Ascender
– From Group Build #34. Needs final assembly.
18) J7W1 Shinden – Also from Group Build #34. Needs final assembly.
19) X-1 – Ready for paint
20) X-1B – Needs some work before painting.
21) Fw-190A-8 – from Group Build #38. Only about 10% finished
22) De Havilland DH88 Comet Racer – Fuselage done. Lots of filling to do in the nacelles.
23) M3 Scout Car – Sub-assemblies done and painted.
24) U-99 Submarine - Major assembly done. Awaiting paint and final assembly.
24) North Central Airlines DC-3 - A little over a year. Ready for decals
25) Do 217K-1 - 4 months
26) Do 17E - 7 months
27) Do 17Z - 7 months

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back