Japan and Japanese

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Good question.

I think initially, no, the German people would not have regretted it (at least not openly. Why?

They won the war. Life is good. Why complain. Besides, the Nazis would still be in power, you don't want to upset them.

Now, in their own conscious, I think so. Why? How can human being not be appalled by what happened?

I do think, like with every nation, as it evolves , peoples beliefs change, and I think the overall sentiment of the nation would have changed. Look at the US. Do you really think too many people cared that slaves were being kept in 1865? Probably not the majority. But as time went on, peoples attitudes have changed. Now the majority likely realize it was not a very humane and just thing.
And that was a process that took over a hundred years.

Sorry but thinking Shinpachi :)

Thinking_.jpg

Thanks for your very candid opinion, Chris.
It looks so faithful.

I asked because, in the case of what if Nazi won, I wondered if German people would regard the holocaust as an absolute evil.
It looks possible to me that they had similar mindset to the Japanese. People fight for the nation. As long as the result is good, everything can be justified for the victory though historical truth and justice are another.

You often mention re-wiriting "history."

The history of Japan during the wartime was defined internationally based on the International Military Tribunal for the Far East aka Tokyo Tribunal held from May 1946 to November 1948. However, it contained a lot of inaccurate recognition and avoided unfavorable facts for the Allies due to their political intention to make Japanese war leaders guilty within the limited period without delay. Japanese people were obliged to understood that this was a ceremony for the revenge.

I am not an expert on German history but the Judgment at Nuremberg would have been same.
If people are patriotic, it is no wonder that they request the international society to correct erros and re-write the history. Holocaust revisionists are extreme example but the world should listen to them seriously because such frustration will be a hotbed for the future war.

About what if the US lost, I now understand that American people would be placed in the German people's postion as a loser and they would protest the inaccurate historical descriptions. They would be condemned as revisionists as well.

Shizuoka governor to resign after gaffe insulting vegetable sellers

.....Kawakatsu had said during the address that "everyone here is a brainy and intelligent person, unlike those who sell vegetables, take care of cows or create things....."

People get angry but, to the contrary, I am interested in him because he is a very typical arrogant Japanese beaurocrat from the middle ages. A rare chance to see a living fossil in a century.

Kawakatsu.jpg

[Controversy] A video of JMSDF "Izumo" by a drone was posted on Chinese social networking site but expert says there is something "unnatural."
Is this a fake created by AI? (April 1, 2024)

JMSDF refrains from comment.

FNN_News.jpg

[Controversy] A video of JMSDF "Izumo" by a drone was posted on Chinese social networking site but expert says there is something "unnatural."
Is this a fake created by AI? (April 1, 2024)

JMSDF refrains from comment.

View attachment 772251
I am wondering how a Chinese civilian would be able to get a drone into the vicinity of the shipyard, let alone operate it without being apprehended.

My guess is the video has been fabricated.

I am wondering how a Chinese civilian would be able to get a drone into the vicinity of the shipyard, let alone operate it without being apprehended.

My guess is the video has been fabricated.
Anybody can approach to the harbor and guards do not check his baggage unless he tries to enter.

Izumo_Yokosuka.jpg

Source: 世界初の◯◯!?フリー素材モデルが横須賀に停泊中の「護衛艦いずも」で、◯◯を調査してきました | 【公式】江崎グリコ(Glico)

Last edited:
JSDF did nothing when a mysterious balloon appeared in 2020.

Baloon_2020.jpg

US-China confrontation is enough in this region as even S.Korea sees Japan as her potential enemy. Historically, Koreans are pro-Chinese.
As the US does not want to confront with Russia in the Far East, Japan has no chance to confront.
A simple plot :)

To be honest, Shinpachi, South Korea and Japan have much more closer ties than S. Korea does with China.

China is no one's friend and if Japan, S. Korea, Philippines, Taiwan and even Vietnam band together, China will see the solidarity and have to rethink their aggression - especially if Japan takes the lead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back