Mid Atlantic Air Museum WW2 weekend

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

4k5a4014-jpg.jpg

N550NF

Watch out Jeff, I think the guy under the wing is sending you signals... :D

Restored in New Zealand by Pioneer Aero at Ardmore, it's first flight was in 2019. Very new to the scene.

N63624  2.JPG

N63624

N70615.JPG

N70615

I am off the the Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum in a couple of hours. They are having an air fest today and tommorow. They just flew their Firefly earlier this week. First time in 8 years. Their Avenger, while not flying yet is available for engine runs. It will be a first for me to see it with power. Gerry Yegan has sent a few of his Virginia based warbirds up for the weekend including an original 190. Should be a good day. Sunny, perhaps a tad warm but better than the forecast for tommorow. I only bought a ticket for today so it looks like i have lucked out on the weather front. I will cover the event once this thread is complete which will take three or four more days.

Cheers

Jeff

View attachment 675030
N63624

View attachment 675031
N70615

I am off the the Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum in a couple of hours. They are having an air fest today and tommorow. They just flew their Firefly earlier this week. First time in 8 years. Their Avenger, while not flying yet is available for engine runs. It will be a first for me to see it with power. Gerry Yegan has sent a few of his Virginia based warbirds up for the weekend including an original 190. Should be a good day. Sunny, perhaps a tad warm but better than the forecast for tommorow. I only bought a ticket for today so it looks like i have lucked out on the weather front. I will cover the event once this thread is complete which will take three or four more days.

Cheers

Jeff
My bad...not an original 190 but it looks much better with the new paint job. The red and black checkerboard cowl hides all the lumps and bumps that encase the Russian engine.

20220625_092804.jpg

Cheers

Jeff

Okay boys... temporary shut down at my end. Major house renovation started yesterday and if everything goes according to sked it is going to take approx. 4 weeks. Had to move the computer and being a rural guy my internet connection is hardwired so I have no net at the house. That means no pics off the computer till who knows when.
See you whenever I can.

Cheers

Jefd

Hey guys. I am home from Thunder Over Michigan. The plan is to finish this thread before I leave next Monday for Oshkosh. I also hope to dump my Thunder Over Michigan pics onto the computer and get them ready for a TOM 2022 thread upon my return from the Cheese Capital of the USA. ( Also home to a nice little beverage that Airshow Jason and I discovered a few years back, Spotted Cow. )
NX209TW  4.JPG
NX209TW.JPG

NX209TW

Cheers

Jeff

Hey guys. I am home from Thunder Over Michigan. The plan is to finish this thread before I leave next Monday for Oshkosh. I also hope to dump my Thunder Over Michigan pics onto the computer and get them ready for a TOM 2022 thread upon my return from the Cheese Capital of the USA. ( Also home to a nice little beverage that Airshow Jason and I discovered a few years back, Spotted Cow. )View attachment 678207
NX209TW

Cheers

Jeff
Awhh get away, why dont you. You lucky so and so. I almost can smell warm oil and avgas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back