Militaria Collecting

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Last Friday, I was at Friday market... I put my friend on my stall and went to see some other friends and have a walk... I have found plenty of "fake" WW2 German Infantry Assault Badges - The one with Mauser on it -, unfortunately the seller didn't allow me to take any photos.

some more of the Kriegsmarine ship Talleys
IMG_4409.JPG

Badge of the 1st Anti-Aircraft Division.

My father was a Sargent in the Home Guard from 1939 to 1945 then had to do National Service as an RAF Sargent in charge of the motor-pool in Port Said, Egypt 1946 to 1948.
He was issued with an (old) UK uniform before shipping to Egypt. The uniform sported the badge of the 1st Anti-Aircraft Division (disbanded in 1942). His badge sports a black aircraft (Dornier Do-17 ? tho it does look like a Bristol Brigand !) with a red sword thru it.

1st A-A Division was formed on 15 December 1935 from Territorials from London and the Home Counties and was responsible for the area south-east of a line from the Wash to the Solent. In 1938 it became a purely London Territorial formation with responsibility for the anti-aircraft defence of London and fought in the 1940-41 attacks on the capital. It was the first anti-aircraft formation to use radar for gun control.
This badge is unique both in its shape and in having the aircraft motif flying upwards. The sword is taken from the arms of the City of London. The Division is also unique in having the most variations in colour and in the details of the design. The first pattern was adopted in 1939 until the disbandment of the Anti-Aircraft Corps and Divisions in October 1942.

Attachments

• DadsPatch.jpg
    DadsPatch.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 7
I have an Irvin Type 99 seat-pack parachute. 1942 date, but I think it was made for civilian use. the canopy has been cut and so were the rest of the lines.

Attachments

• GEDC0701.JPG
    GEDC0701.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0010.jpg
    IMG_0010.jpg
    416.6 KB · Views: 11
  • GEDC0704.JPG
    GEDC0704.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 10
  • collection  Sept.3,05 055.jpg
    collection Sept.3,05 055.jpg
    427.4 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0011.jpg
    IMG_0011.jpg
    400.6 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
U.S. Mk II 20lb bomb, empty. the tail assy held on by four nuts and bolts. Anyone have an idea of what they are going for now? My wife wants me to downsize my collection.

Attachments

• U.S. Mk II 20 lb bomb, empty .1.JPG
    U.S. Mk II 20 lb bomb, empty .1.JPG
    611.5 KB · Views: 10
  • U.S. Mk II 20 lb bomb, empty, dismantled.JPG
    U.S. Mk II 20 lb bomb, empty, dismantled.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 8
A couple of new items in my collection. Nothing too crazy but some nice additions to my soon to be completed "war room."

Japanese Arasaka Type 38, 6.6 mm rifle

IMG_2923.jpeg

US M1 Helmet (front seem 1941-1944, swivel bail, so likely 1943-1944)). Its a relic condition but the price was good.

IMG_2924.jpeg

M14 105 mm shell casing dated 1944

IMG_2927.jpegIMG_2928.jpeg

Mk.2 Grenade (M21) (inert - training) - pin is not correct and using a modern cotter pin)

IMG_2930.jpeg

6th Armored Division patches

IMG_2931.jpeg

A few other items as well including WW2 rank patches, WW2 era MP US Army issue whistle with chain lanyard, 1950s era branch insignia.

DerAdlerIstGelandet DerAdlerIstGelandet I posted these 7 years ago but got no response. I've had it for about 47yrs. Looks pretty rough so it might be a replica. Did some Googlin' and it looks like a paratrooper badge. Found a name, Dipl.-Ing. Wolfgang Erdmann, in command of the Fallschirmjäger-Division Erdmann so I'm thinking the name on the back of the badge was the division name. Is this a replica?

1709408192912.jpeg

1709408214451.jpeg

DerAdlerIstGelandet DerAdlerIstGelandet I posted these 7 years ago but got no response. I've had it for about 47yrs. Looks pretty rough so it might be a replica. Did some Googlin' and it looks like a paratrooper badge. Found a name, Dipl.-Ing. Wolfgang Erdmann, in command of the Fallschirmjäger-Division Erdmann so I'm thinking the name on the back of the badge was the division name. Is this a replica?

My apologies if I did not respond then.

Yes that is a Paratrooper badge. Let me look at my books and do some research.

The Fallschirmjäger badge. There should be name of the manufacturer / logo. Eg ... one of the manufacturers seen on the list below at the back of the eagle usually. It was made of the alloy called nickel-silver and pinchbeck ( tombac ) and zinc. However there were unsigned badges too. But the clasp looks a little bit different from these I have seen so far. Also the leaves of the wreath look slightly blurry. The Eagle was made of the pinchbeck (tombac) that slowly turned grey-black in time because of the moisture sweat etc. The one of your badge seems to be painted gold. It may be a replica.

dimensions
- hight: 52,1mm to 53,9mm
- width: 41,8mm to 43,3mm
- eagle : 49 mm to 50,7mm
- weight : 20,11g to 43,98g

The manufacturers :
- C.E.JUNCKER BERLIN SW
- IMME & SOHN BERLIN
- W.DEUMER LUDENSCHEID
- G.W.L. (Gebruder Wegerhoff Ludenscheid)
- G.H. OSANG DRESDEN
- P. MEYBAUER BERLIN
- B&NL (Berg & Nolte Ludenscheid)
- A (Assmann & Sohn Ludenscheid)
- J.F.S. (Josef Feix & Sohn Gablonz an der Neckar)

Fallschirmjäger.jpg

The Ruptured Duck was given to soldiers of all ranks when they were discharged.

The wreath is a Meritorious Unit Citation.
Thanks. I did not know about the meritorious unit citation. Most of the US uniforms I have wear the ruptured duck. I figured Sarge was a high time veteran because of his left sleeve stripes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back