Most variants of Mustangs in one place?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

BarnOwlLover

Staff Sergeant
Nov 3, 2022
Mansfield, Ohio, USA
Sadly, I can't post the photo, though you can find it on Boeing's image site on page 3 if you do a simple P-51 Mustang search. It does have from front to back a P-51B or D (only has the nose in view), a P-51 or P-51A, what appears to be a P-51D, and a XP-51F at the very rear. Too bad that such photos are rare to come by.

Last edited:
I tried that last night, but all it does is post the whole page, not the link to the individual image. It did that in the post above where a poster tried to link to it.

Ok. I have checked on the site. They are traders and don't allow to use the links for free sharing. Perhaps if you would be the registered user you could get a such link. But I'm afraid it couldn't be for free unless you were the Boeing worker.

Yep, that's a quirk of their site, that you can't directly link to images. They also usually don't sell images to individuals, no matter how much you're willing to pay them. Their business on the image licensing deal seems to be with books, magazines and other "volume" items.

At least SDASM has a lot (though not hardly all) NAA images from back in the day, though I'd bet that Boeing's Archives (and some others) have more and in even better quality.

And, no, SDASM doesn't have this image to my knowledge.

You mean this image ?
! Flight Line with Different Models of the P-51 Mustang  ccsh  1200x933.jpg

Yep, that image. Now I can see that the order, front to rear, is P-51B (check out the wing guns), P-51A, P-51D and XP-51F.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back