Obama wants your guns

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

If I recall correctly, the 2nd amendment basically states that we have the right to form a militia to defend the freedom of the state. Technically because we have cops, national guard, army, etc. citizens don't need to own guns. But is there anything wrong with owning a gun? Nope. I believe the statistics show that more people die in car accidents than in gun related accidents. Then again, 87% of statistics are made up on the spot. :p

I've gone over this time and time again at school, laws against guns won't stop law breakers from getting them. And even if all the guns were removed from the world, it would just be a case about knife control.

United States vs. Timothey Joe Emerson

This is a summary from the District Judge in Texas that well explains the genesis of the later 5th Circuit Court ruling in 1999 that the RIGHT was an indivdual right. The 5th Circuit Court was the first one to rule specifically on the Right of individuals to Keep and Bear Arms, the 2nd followed two years ago using much the same references and the Supreme Court, of course decided that it was an individual right - it does a good job of summarizing the Debate on this topic during the Constitutional Convention and summarizes what the Founding Fathers debated and agreed.

All three courts held reservations for Government applied restrictions, so the matter is not entirely dead for the left wing that wishes to reduce the law abiding gun owners to single shot .22's and raise taxes on ammo to $300 per cartridge - so keep the SOB's in your sights and don't let up..

One thing to remember is that all males between 18 and 45 are considered 'militia' for the common defense of the Constitution, which is the basis for legality of Draft.

I heard Obama also eats children and has a pointed tail

But he did oppose the Born Alive Infant Protection Act in the Illinois State when he was there (The Federal version of the same law passed 98-0 in the US Senate).

And he does support partial birth abortion.

Does believe a minor has the right to an abortion without parental knowledge or consent.

But haven't been able to confirm the pointed tail story as of yet.

TO

Yeah but even if Obama were to make ban all firearms, the inner city males will still have there guns...

....and therein lies the problem. The honest, hardworking law-abiding citizens now have no defense except for the under-paid under-funded over-worked police forces (no offense to any cops on here....I know how hard y'all work, and how little y'all are paid), whereas the inner-city hoods will still buy them black-market. If they get caught with one, its what, about six months' jailtime, usually only serving two and a little bit of community service which they probalby won't show for anyway? Lets just make the population into targets, instead.

But he did oppose the Born Alive Infant Protection Act in the Illinois State when he was there (The Federal version of the same law passed 98-0 in the US Senate).

And he does support partial birth abortion.

Does believe a minor has the right to an abortion without parental knowledge or consent.

But haven't been able to confirm the pointed tail story as of yet.

TO
As I said this question is out of my pay grade , I believe I would poll women and see how they stand on this as it's they 90% of the time have the burden of raising the kids
To me there is no positive or negative answer just imagine the thoughts you'd have if it was your 14 yr old daughter who was pregnant as you watch her life take a huge hit which would certainly include you
To me its the individual who will have to answer to his maker

....and therein lies the problem. The honest, hardworking law-abiding citizens now have no defense except for the under-paid under-funded over-worked police forces (no offense to any cops on here....I know how hard y'all work, and how little y'all are paid), whereas the inner-city hoods will still buy them black-market. If they get caught with one, its what, about six months' jailtime, usually only serving two and a little bit of community service which they probalby won't show for anyway? Lets just make the population into targets, instead.
It will never ever happen it would take more then 2 terms to achieve that and the US public would not stand for it so the whole concept of it is a Repulican diversion from other issues

It will never ever happen it would take more then 2 terms to achieve that and the US public would not stand for it so the whole concept of it is a Repulican diversion from other issues

It can happen - all it will take is appointment of more judges that invent the meaning of the Constitution beyond what is actually written.

Hellcat - you really need to read the 2nd Amendment brother.

It can happen - all it will take is appointment of more judges that invent the meaning of the Constitution beyond what is actually written.

Hellcat - you really need to read the 2nd Amendment brother.
Personally I think not , I probably have more chance of dating Paris Hilton and me her fortune then the 2nd amendment changing

Personally I think not , I probably have more chance of dating Paris Hilton and me her fortune then the 2nd amendment changing

You do realize that a law similar to that of what Washington DC had at the Federal level is possible if the Supreme Court is hostile towards the right of the people to bear arms???

As I said this question is out of my pay grade , I believe I would poll women and see how they stand on this as it's they 90% of the time have the burden of raising the kids

What is most disturbing to me about the abortion question is how many folks think this is a decision for a women only. [I'm not attempting to put words in your mouth Pb]

I find it incredulous that a woman can make a decision with or without the male "conceiver". Irrespective of the decision (and the moral decision is of the utmost importance), it is truly disturbing that the woman can abort, not abort, without any consequences to the male's decision.

If you address this issue, the moral, economic, child rearing, dead-beat parent, child support, etc., all come into a different light. For me, not much changes morally. But, the decisions that are made by many selfish, and selfless, women would be drastically changed.

You can't have it both ways. Abortion rights (by both parents). The argument that the female as a surrogate has all the rights is BS.

I agree totally the man should have an equal say but getting to reality forced marriages/relationships particularly in this day and age rarely work so in the long view its usually mom carrying the load.

So what is the solution? Mom is always the welfare recipient?

Some of our society is our own doing. Other is evidence of our societal downfall.

Okay. Sorry folks. Off the abortion/single family debate.

Back on subject. Obama after your 2nd amendment rights?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back