Picture of the Day - Miscellaneous (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Interesting. It appears to have better crew wind protection than most other open cockpit aircraft of the period and that hoop between the cockpit may be roll over protection. If so again an advance that few if any others had made.

Mitsubishi Ki-2-II from WIKI.
Mitsubishi Ki-2-II for comparison.jpeg

Last edited:
Looking through my downloads, I find there is Ki-1, Ki-1-I, Ki-1-II.
I began to assemble views and pics and data to build a flying model. That's when the discovery of many variations of Ki-1 models. Shinpachi was kind enough to guide me to these details.

Ki-1 profile.jpg

Ki-1-II  profile  #71.jpg

Ki-1-II

Confusing, isn't it?
To use SaparotRob's terminology, Steampunk aint it?
Anyway, this is the version I chose and have made enlarged 3views at approx 1/12 scale. The structure engineering is on back burner. Other incomplete projects need to be completed first to provide bench space.

View attachment 771254
Ki-1-II

Confusing, isn't it?
To use SaparotRob's terminology, Steampunk aint it?
Anyway, this is the version I chose and have made enlarged 3views at approx 1/12 scale. The structure engineering is on back burner. Other incomplete projects need to be completed first to provide bench space.
I love these kinds of builds. An extremely interesting Imperial Japanese aircraft. The way it looks different in the images is wild.

An era when designers searched for the best combination between airframe size and engine power :)

Ki-20
Ki-20.jpg

An era when designers searched for the best combination between airframe size and engine power :)

Ki-20
View attachment 771368

This looks like a mythical beast, lumbering out of the mist.
Mitsubishi heavy industries.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ki-20
View attachment 771368

According to Wakipedia one remained at the Tokorozawa Aviation Museum at the end of ww2 but was broken up for scrap later in the 40's.

According to the Waki page on the museum nothing, or nothing major, remains.

The museums own site 所沢航空発祥記念館 | 日本で初めて飛行場ができた場所。所沢航空発祥記念館。 provides no help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back