Please help identify crashed WWII plane

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Mishkamike

Airman
Feb 23, 2018
Hello comrades, I have this photograph of a crashed WWII plane, is there any way to identify it by this photo? It was in a lot of German photos, so I can make a guess that this plane is either French or German because the guys on the photo are wearing clothes that typically a French man would wear (I believe one of them has a beret). Any information or even guesses are much appreciated!

Attachments

• img20201031_01421842 copy.jpg
    img20201031_01421842 copy.jpg
    314.5 KB · Views: 408
My two pennyworth would be allied troops overruning a Luftwaffe airfield. I would not say this was a crashed aeroplane. The propeller has been carefully removed - not something you could do without the right tools and the propeller shaft looks like new! I think it is still a Ju-88 but in the middle of maintenance on a captured airfield and it was either on jacks and has fallen or been pushed off, or the undercarriage has collapsed.

My two pennyworth would be allied troops overruning a Luftwaffe airfield. I would not say this was a crashed aeroplane. The propeller has been carefully removed - not something you could do without the right tools and the propeller shaft looks like new!
I agree. There doesn't seem to be any furrowing of the ground as there would be in a belly landing, and there appears to be another nacelle/engine assembly on the ground behind the wing. I'm guessing a "boneyard" or salvage lot for cannibalization.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back