Realism - more than Patriotism

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Could be fun ...
smart-car-snowmobile-courtesy-autobahn-tuning-for-0304-s.jpeg

A father finds himself in his son.
A son will find his father in himself in the future.

My father loved Twin Lens Reflex camera, not 35mm SLR at all, and I didn't understand why.
I now think I would buy a TLR if this was 1950 because of its high resolution :)

Wonderful post, Shin, thanks. I too loved SLR cameras and used 2 Pentax Spotmatic bodies with various fixed and zoom lenses. I carried them all over the world and they never failed me ... :)

Too kind, Shin. I was a radio public affairs producer that got bumped ahead to television and bought an SLR camera to better understand the limitations of film ... film speed, aperture, focal length etc., etc. and discovered I really loved looking through the lens. I was very fortunate in getting to travel to lots of great places .... on other people's $$$$$ ... :)

April 5. High zero, low minus 6.

Could this be a meteorite ...? Leks found it on the lawn under pine needles. Very heavy, crystalline, igneous.
The river is flood-high due to torrential rain earlier in the week
IMG_0182.jpg
IMG_0187.jpg
IMG_0186.jpg

A geologist replies:

"...The rock sample is constitutionally similar to volcanic basalt flow of fine xline grain and high hardness, amygdaloidal, vesicular with pockets that were gas filled or occasionally filled with white minute amygdules of feldspar or calcite now mostly eroded. This kind of arrangement would be similar to many meteorites. Therefore my humble opinion is that the rock sample may well be part of an exploded meteorite. Explosion results in many fragments. Would be good to know if more such fragments have been found in Haliburton area ?.."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back