Recent Purchases (4 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Got this today only because I needed the rear clear part for my Tamiya Mk.Vb.

002.JPG

This kit comes with 3 different separate canopies to be posed in the open position with one rear part and 3 that are molded together with the rear part to be posed in the closed position. A quick test fit shows that the clear parts will fit the Tamiya with some slight modification. On the plus side, the kit contains markings for Pilot Officer Robert "Buck" McNair, DFC, Royal Canadian Air Force, Malta, 1942.

Geo

Got this today only because I needed the rear clear part for my Tamiya Mk.Vb.

View attachment 307425

This kit comes with 3 different separate canopies to be posed in the open position with one rear part and 3 that are molded together with the rear part to be posed in the closed position. A quick test fit shows that the clear parts will fit the Tamiya with some slight modification. On the plus side, the kit contains markings for Pilot Officer Robert "Buck" McNair, DFC, Royal Canadian Air Force, Malta, 1942.

Geo

Nice Geo, got that one myself, though could of sent you the clear part as i have about 10 of them from different kits !

I probably had spares too Geo. Let me know what you need.

Interesting side note, in researching the ORB for our Hurricane restoration, we found out that Buck McNair flew it during his 6 month "rest" after completing his first tour.

Bl**dy nice haul there Glenn !
The B-25 box art looks like Academy, 1/48th scale ? I think (but not sure) that this is ex-Accurate Miniatures, also re-boxed by Italeri.

For sure Terry is right. It's the Academy, 1/48 kit Nr. 12302 of the the North American B-25B "Doolittle Raid" and that's nothing more than the reboxed Accurate Miniatures/Italeri model.

I've been tempted to buy that one several times. I read 30 Seconds Over Tokyo way back in high school and always wanted to build Ted Lawson's "Ruptured Duck". I think that's one of the decal options but am not sure, can you let me know? If it is I might have to ask Santa for one.

Last edited:
I'm 'watching' one of the Italeri versions on e-bay - at £8.50 and ends tomorrow, although it'll probably reach over £30. Would like to do a RAF Mitchell II, to go alongside the yet to be built Mitchell III (B-25J).

Didn't bother going for the B-25 old chap, but managed to grab a 1/48th Heinkel He-111H4 at realistic price. The one held by Customs will be returned to sender, who will refund me, so it turned out well in the end.

Yep - tried to charge me £328.60, when it should have been VAT at 20% - around £4.20, plus the Royal Mail 'handling charge' of £8.00 !!!
No-one will accept responsibility for the gross error, and insist I have to pay the charge and then re-claim it - which takes at least 2 months, if it's accepted !
Parcels are returned to sender after 21 days, so it goes back to Canada on Tuesday, and the seller has agreed to give me a refund when he gets it back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back