Satan's Son F-6C

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Ikerus

Airman 1st Class
Sep 15, 2009
indianapolis, IN
I was looking at a picture that I have of the F-6C mustang Satan's Son 42-103622 AX-G. It was in Belgium spring of 1945. I was trying to figure out if it also had a black stripe on the elevator and the wing or if it was just the wing.

The article is in Spanish and gives a date of Oct.'43. Looks like a stripe on the elevator.

Capture.JPG

Geo

thanks for the clarification, the pic I have shows it on the bottom since its a side view but could have been taken for shadow too so its nice to see a b&w pic showing it too

do you still have the link and any chance you have more pics, I am trying to figure out if it had invasion stripes like the pic above suggests even though that was a pic from '43

Sorry, for some reason, when researching for others, I don't bookmark anything. Gonna have to stop that as I lose a lot of good sites. The only other thing I found was this decal sheet.

p51bestsellersreviewjk_1.jpg

Aircraft #3 F-6C (recon version of the P-51B/C) 42-103622 "Satan's Son" AX-G of 107th TRS, 67th TRG, Gosselies Airfield, Belgium. Spring 1945.
The reviewer said he found a photo in Larry Davis' P-51 Mustang published by Squadron/Signal Publications which I don't have.

Geo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back