What was it about the black crosses on the wings that made German aircraft the best?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

All of these remarkable Theories always bring new questions. For instance, would the early large black crosses have made their mounts fasteeer than when later repainted with smaller crosses. Were the small, just white outline crosses holding back the full potential of the last planes such as the He 219?
It has something to with constricting the anti-matter flow through the containment field.

Once, when I put black crosses on my 48 Plymouth, we went through the sound barrier and I was lucky to get back. The radio still doesn't work, a result I've been told because the sound stayed on the other side of the barrier

No, I think the theory is that black crosses make everything superior. The best of the best, most superior of all.

Hell it could turn a Po-2 into the most dominant piston engines fighter of 1945.

Do you have any data or info that helps prove this theory?

Is that why the Luftwaffe lost the war?

They ran out of black pain and ended up having to use whites and greys.

Must have been a serious performance impediment.

I never said I do research.

Edit: I just had a thought...and it hurt.
The flux capacitor had to do with Allies. It requires a natural metal finish.
Damn it! You're right........ that God the Allies had the global shipping capacity to ship rotting veggies wherever the war effort required them .... without that, all those flux capacitors would have been useless.......

One thing that sapped the superiority of the Luftwaffe over time was the Allied practice of painting small black crosses on their own fighter planes. So while German planes normally carried six, Allied planes began to sport ten, fifteen, twenty or more. It turns out size does not matter! It's the quantity. It should be noted that Russian planes did not gain this superiority because they became burdened with ever increasing numbers of red stars, which increased drag.

BTW: in case no-one noticed: this thread is very silly. Well done, all......... ;)

Last edited:
What is also obvious is that black paint is lighter than coloured paint as it lacks the colour. This weight difference is so significant that it increases climbing speed and agility.
Further more it does not reflect radar ( the F117 was black as well, remember) so they were more difficult to detect than British fighters with their coloured roundels.
That's why white crosses were ok too as white, just like black, is not a colour. Clever designers.

Did the later aircraft with black crosses suffer once synthetic black had to be used rather than real
black .

Thank goodness the Germans didn't get their hands on "more black".

1705643085458.png

1705643146473.jpeg

So how do the moon bases fit into all of this?
It's quite simple, when you think of it.

The nazi base is on the dark side of the moon, where you get dark side of the moon black. Now, as we all know, the gravity on the surface of the moon is 1/6 of the earths. Therefore, when it is applied to aircraft, it confers less gravitational pull on those.

The reason they didn't paint the aircraft all black (except some highly prioritized night fighters) is that it was a sparse resource, and they had to use blockade runners to get the dark side of the moon black down to earth. A tricky task, on account of the anti-gravitational pull. And still just the crosses made the aircraft perform far ahead and abowe og anything the allies had. They only won because of numbers and lousy CGI-effects.

One thing that sapped the superiority of the Luftwaffe over time was the Allied practice of painting small black crosses on their own fighter planes. So while German planes normally carried six, Allied planes began to sport ten, fifteen, twenty or more. It turns out size does not matter! It's the quantity. It should be noted that Russian planes did not gain this superiority because they became burdened with ever increasing numbers of red stars, which increased drag.
The things one learns here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back