What's on The Workbench (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Cheers Wojtku and Don. A little clean up with alcohol to go, plus sorting the seat a bit, then I'll call the cockpit done.
Just noticed in the cockpit pic too a strange shape under the IP... it's the edge of the decal film, that I failed to notice before applying! Would have trimmed it on the paper had I seen it.
WIll post a pic later of the original IP decal too, had to remove White borders to the panels with Tamiya XF-17 Gloss Sea, and tone down dials with thinned version of same.

Ok, first attempt at belts, and not happy with the results. Went way overboard with the shading and ruined them.

They, and the seat, which is way too chunky to leave as is, will be stripped out and redone, as they are the only things you can see properly with the fuselage closed and canopy on!

The belts were made with Tamiya (Kabuki) tape, BTW.
20240328_003216.jpg

20240328_002658.jpg

Cheers guys.
I'm glad Airfix improved with the Mk.Vc. Their Mk.I here was the first of the 'new tool' (Hornby) kits , and while very nice in shape and details, is like I keep saying: 'chunky'. Panel lines are wide and deep too (people used to joke they brought Matchbox's butcher out of retirement :) ).
Luckily they have steadily improved since then, and their newer kits are alot more refined.

As for this, it was meant to be OOB for my workmate, but if it looks like shite... that whole seat has to be stripped of belts and paint and sanded thinner.

Almost finished my Divine Wind K5Y1. I still need to install the bomb and little bits. The two F1M2 are for my students as a giveaway at the end of the school year. Threw in the Fujimi D3A1 as a extra prize. These are the first ever kits I have ever built that are not 1/72 scale. I have found them to be way easier on the eyes and you can add so much that is visible at the bigger scale. I think the 1/72 adding on is finished. I have almost every speciality IJN or IJA aircraft I can think of in my stash. Going to relax for the evening. The rigging on the Aka-tombo wore put my patience and took forever.

Attachments

• K5Y1 Divine WInd.jpg
    K5Y1 Divine WInd.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 2
  • IJN Haruna F1M2.jpg
    IJN Haruna F1M2.jpg
    955.3 KB · Views: 2
  • R-Force F1M2.jpg
    R-Force F1M2.jpg
    808.9 KB · Views: 2
  • D3A1 IJN Hiryu.jpg
    D3A1 IJN Hiryu.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 3
  • Goose Japanese Service.jpg
    Goose Japanese Service.jpg
    747.8 KB · Views: 3
Good stuff Jesse, nice to see the finished builds.
I'm still a 1:72 man by necessity - very limited space, and the only way to make (almost*) the entire RNZAF collection.

(*5 or 6 types don't exist yet in model form)
You are correct. I think now it's going to be all by types. I really enjoyed building them in the larger scale.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back