Adult Debate

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I've been here since 2011 and I still haven't read all of the posts on the site. Another year and you'll be classified as an adult. Enjoy your youth while you have it. I was at the first Miss Universe Pageant. There was only one contestant and her name was Eve. You can easily guess that she won. Some of us here even rode Stegosauri to school. I miss racing my Velociraptor and eating Triceratops Burgers.:)
Youve been to Jurassic Park!!!?????

Whats crazy is that people here who have children who are much older that me.

You are just a youngin. I have been a member of this forum longer than you have been alive. :lol:

I am 40 years old (which is young compared to many of the guys here), have a 4 year old son, and a 2 year old son. However, I have a niece who is 32 years old, another niece who is 30, and two nephews who are twins and 21 years old.

Many years ago, our pastor told of a deacons meeting after which one deacon waited, and asked for the two pray for his 13 year old daughter. The deacon asked how and what they should pray for. The pastor said. "Pray that when we stand up she is 18."

My mom used to tell me, when I was a teen and feeling smart as all-get-out: "Write down everything you know, right now, because you're going to forget it by the time you're 21."

Very similar to Mark Twain's observation: "When I was a boy of 14, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to 21 I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years."

Very similar to Mark Twain's observation: "When I was a boy of 14, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to 21 I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years."

Many years ago, when I was around 16 or so, my father was watching Hal Holbrook do his "Mark Twain Tonight" routine on TV. I was standing across the living room, also watching. Holbrook let loose with that line, and my dad almost fell out of his chair backwards, laughing. I took me a while (a few years) to figure out what was so funny.

Many years ago, when I was around 16 or so, my father was watching Hal Holbrook do his "Mark Twain Tonight" routine on TV. I was standing across the living room, also watching. Holbrook let loose with that line, and my dad almost fell out of his chair backwards, laughing. I took me a while (a few years) to figure out what was so funny.

I never read or heard that line until I was an adult, but lord, ain't it the truth? I was full of sh*t and myself as a teen.

Some folk still hold that opinion of me, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back