Crazy Horse TF-51D Tamiya Conversion

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

jimh

Senior Airman
Feb 6, 2009
Ohio
community.webshots.com
Here's the latest TF...Flew her for an hour back in 1994, always wanted a model, and thanks to Greg Drawbaugh at Draw Decals...here she is! Labor of love

Jim

Attachments

• CH1png.png
    CH1png.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 189
  • CH2png.png
    CH2png.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 182
  • CH4png.png
    CH4png.png
    2 MB · Views: 183
  • CH6png.png
    CH6png.png
    4.8 MB · Views: 161
  • CH8png.png
    CH8png.png
    2 MB · Views: 160
  • CHpng7 - Copy.png
    CHpng7 - Copy.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 162
  • Crazy5png.png
    Crazy5png.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 164
  • CH8jpg.jpg
    CH8jpg.jpg
    582.2 KB · Views: 151
  • CH9.jpg
    CH9.jpg
    813.6 KB · Views: 150
Thanks guys! I appreciate your kind comments. Labor of love for sure. The canopy is my own. I made the master out of Magic Sculpt and bass wood. From that, I made a silicon mold and cast the master(s) out of resin. There are two versions, the "T-28" sized canopy, and the lower profile unit. I made the master the larger canopy so I could sand down the resin copy to match either. I bought a dental vac off eBay and had a go. It works great! So much potential now to do unique parts. I also made the rear canopies for Stars Look Down using the same method. I started an aftermarket business and I have a lot of projects in the que. A replica of Betty Jane with both cockpits, Dago Red, Strega, Voodoo, a Cavalier Mustang with the tip tanks, and maybe, eventually full kits of Tsunami and a 1/24th scale Pitts S-1. It's not a full time job, but if others are interested I can make as many as needed. Thanks again!

Jim

Jim,
I share Airframe's well wishes on your success. I too was fortunate to have Greg Drawbaugh produce Big Beautiful Doll for my 1/15th scale Guillow's P-51. Good service! I look forward to seeing your business take off. Do you have an email or website? Gary

Users who are viewing this thread

Back