**** DONE: 1/48 Ju-87B-2 - Heavy Hitters II GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Said "screw it" and broke out the hairy stick.
ju24.jpg

Not my finest hour, but I want this one done.
A coat of future and some decals, hopefully it will be O.K.

Damn me if that paint peel is the pits Paul.

Never had the issue with MM myself but as a precaution after the finish of applying a colour I always give it a spray with the old floor liquid polish, not Future, that's too precious in this neck of the woods, so I use a type that I have found to have quite a dull finish. I usually let this dry for 24 hours in warmer weather or longer in winter before doing any masking.

Thanks, old man!
ju25.jpg

I always place the swastika insignia first.
Something for my grandmother.

Last edited:
great stuff Paul, and the colours look right now too. And those 'thingies' are pop bottles over this side of the Pond - soda is what goes in whisky, or for baking!

Yeah, but it is going to look like crap due to the hairy stick. I am thinking of saving the "Scotty dog" decals for a different one down the line, and using some other markings.
One other thing, I fitted the prop and the spinner is way too small for the contours of the cowling. I know I was going to pull the cowling off, but it is sad, all the same.

Yeah, that's what I thought too! But that was what was on the bottle. What is wrong with the paint lately? When I was a kid, Black green was black green. I should stop counting on others to get it right, and just mix my own colors like I used to in the old days!

Seriously, the "RLM 70" or "71", whatever, that Model Master is calling it, is F***ing wrong.
Terry, I was sitting here all smug, secure in my MM coat, dismissing the Humbrol problems, when all of a sudden, "BAM", it is here also.
I feel your pain.

Looking good Paul, sometimes the paint just won't stick man! :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back