**** DONE: 1/48 NA F-6B - Jet/Recon/Transport GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

:-$ It's a state secret.

Here's a quick photo comparison:

First picture
Top: P-51 / F-6A / Mustang Ia.
Bottom: P-51A / F-6B / Mustang II
The carb intake looks the same from the side

Second Picture
Left: P-51 / F-6A / Mustang Ia.
Right:
Big Difference!

Both kits are Accurate Miniatures. The carb duct extension to the spinner has not been installed on eather model yet. If someone wanted to make an early Mustang I, XP-51, or even the NA-73X it would be a simple matter of leaving this extension off the P-51 / F-6A / Mustang Ia kit and add fairing bumps for nose guns. The wing cannons would also have to be removed, or the wing from the P-51A / F-6B / Mustang II kit used.

P3299544.JPG
P3299545.JPG

Last edited:
Glad I could help Terry.

One more thing, I have both ICM Mustang II and ICM P-51A kits and they are both wrong as far as the radiator and carb intakes are concerned. Both are the same inside the box and both have the thin carb duct and variable radiator intake of the eariler models. The box art on both clearly show the wrong radiator intakes.

Just to let you guys know I haven't given up on this one yet. It's sitting on my bench (actually both of them are now) waiting for me to get a jump on my other two GB entries, didn't want to get to the end and have three models I couldn't finish on time. When I finished the BoB GB I vowed never to do three for a GB again, but I really mean it this time, NEVER AGAIN! I'm pretty far ahead with the P-59 and RF-84 now so will start again, hopefully have the wings together and the fuselage closed up by the weekend......

Just to let you guys know I haven't given up on this one yet. It's sitting on my bench (actually both of them are now) waiting for me to get a jump on my other two GB entries, didn't want to get to the end and have three models I couldn't finish on time. When I finished the BoB GB I vowed never to do three for a GB again, but I really mean it this time, NEVER AGAIN! I'm pretty far ahead with the P-59 and RF-84 now so will start again, hopefully have the wings together and the fuselage closed up by the weekend......
I can dig it, I have sworn off multiple builds also. I hate not making a deadline! Just been so busy with work and then too tired to hit the bench.

George, sorry it took so long but I has to get home to take a look at my references and the kit parts.
Both those birds are Mustang I's. They should have the carb intake that is straight when viewed from above, two .50cal under the nose and one .50cal and two .30cal in each wing. Also they should have the variable radiator intake which is part 50 in the Accurate Miniatures kit, not part 41 which is the fixed intake.

P5079653.JPG
P5079655.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back