**** DONE: GB-44 1/48 F-5E - Military A/C of post-war time

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks, Andy and Wojtech.

The kit parts for the canopy lift mechanism are fairly convincing, although they lack some of the smaller details. I decided against trying to add these as, apart from being complex and fiddly, most of it wouldn't be seen once the canopy is attached and in place on the model.
The additions are now done and painted - just need to do a bit of tidying, and clean the clear areas, then make and add a pair of rear-view mirrors. I'll attempt to do the latter when it's time to fit the canopy !!
Pics show the work to date, though it was difficult to achieve decent camera angles, and the DoF isn't very good either - it should be easier to see once fitted to the model.

DSCF3880.JPG
DSCF3882.JPG
DSCF3883.JPG
DSCF3886.JPG

Really started moving along since I last looked in. Internet in camp sucked this week, worse than dial up. I'd log into the site, go down for supper and the page was still loading when I got back to my room

And I have !

Seat finished and installed, the 'Master' brass cannons painted and fitted, 'SIWAS' attached but yet to have bands painted, and the belly tank and pylon with decals added.

DSCF3888.JPG
DSCF3889.JPG
DSCF3891.JPG
DSCF3892.JPG
DSCF3899.JPG
DSCF3903.JPG
DSCF3901.JPG
DSCF3895.JPG

Thanks chaps. Fitting those 'SIWAS' was a real ball ache - the hardest part of the build so far, even after filling flat spots down the length of each missile body.
Work should start on the undercart and remaining bits and pieces tomorrow ..................

Users who are viewing this thread

Back