**** DONE: GB-60 1/48 Avro Anson Mk.I - Zombie Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys. Not much done over the weekend but there is some more to show.

With the gloss coat done, I applied an oil wash to highlight the panel lines and dirty up the yellow patches a bit. It's pretty subtle as the wash comes off very easily on the gloss. That's OK as I'll do a bit more weathering after the flat coat.

24022704.jpg
24022701.jpg

Next it was on to some fiddley bits. I debated adding these before paint but opted to leave these until now as I felt there was a good chance of knocking one or more of these off during the painting. First was the addition of the antenna mast and resin DF loop. The latter is very fragile and needed some tricky clean-up but I managed OK.

24022703.jpg

On the wings, there are 3 tiny aileron hinges on each along with the actuating lever and cable complete with counterbalance. The latter is repeated on the bottom as well as on the elevators and rudder and I'll get at these soon.

24022702.jpg

I'm going to make a serious push to get this model done for Sunday so I hope to be back with an update later today or tomorrow. Thanks again for looking in.

Agreed and I like the weathering as is. However.....

1709139205707.png

ILIAD DESIGN - FACEBOOK
A bit off topic here but I always thought Iliad Design was a Canadian company. Had to use Google to translate Spanish to English

Thanks guys. Added the remaining PE bits, the resin exhaust stubs, degreased the resin, and primed all the metal and resin to prep for paint. This will be done tomorrow by hand with a small brush.

Yes Geo there will be more gunk added after everything is matte coated.

See you soon.

Geez Vic, I ran back and now I'm out of breath! Lotsa little details added and a bit more grubbiness too, though it likely won't show well on the 'puter.

First off, I replaced the busted off antenna mast and mass balance on the rudder The blue and red cracks on the decal have been touched up now but thanks for asking.

24022902.jpg

The actuators all got painted and then I added the wires that support the tail plane. I used the stretchy knit-in thread I bought a few years ago for bi-plane rigging.

24022903.jpg

The little white insulator for the radio antenna lead was also added after painting the mast and D/F loop. Only now do I see that it's crooked....

24022904.jpg

Finally, three things were added to the nose area. The air thermometer, which I thought I would have to scratch build, was actually supplied as a resin part in the kit and that saved me some time and aggravation. I added the little wire on the top. In front of the windscreen you can just make out the bead sight which is simply a piece of stretched sprue. The kit included a PE part for this but it was far too chunky for my liking. Lastly, just underneath the nose you can see the pitot tube partially painted.

24022901.jpg

I'll do a bit more finishing touches tonight and get a matte coat on tomorrow. I want to allow the oil wash to dry overnight rather than risk some kind of cock-up with a hastily applied finish coat.

Thanks for looking in and I should get another update posted for you later tomorrow.

Thanks for the looks and likes.

Went to put on my matte coat this morning only to discover that I'm out of it. However, I still had some Tamiya Flat Base hanging around so I mixed some of that into a bit of Future and sprayed the model overall. A soon as it was dry to the touch, I was anxious to get the masks off.

24030101.jpg

The masks for this model were a real challenge and I was not surprised to see some areas where the paint got underneath. The following pics were taken right after the masks were peeled with no attempts being made to clean up the defects.

24030102.jpg
24030103.jpg

Landing lights came out well.

24030104.jpg
24030105.jpg

The next step will be to shave off the paint that got under the masks using a toothpick sharpened to a chisel edge and then add some more weathering. The final bits to go on will be the nav light lenses on the wingtips and tail and the antenna wire. Should be done for Sunday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back