**** DONE: GB-61: 1/48 Vought F4U-1A Corsair - Carrier and Maritime Aircraft

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Just paint happy little models....

Bob-Ross.jpg

Unlocked....

"Wait a minute" ya sez, "One of the flaps is missing" Well, I'll shows ya

There seems to be some sort of disregard for continuity at the old factory. The missing one will be painted in blues

I would be quite careful about that. It looks like all depends on the time period and factory.

factory_1942-12-23_line-F4U1-VS-2.jpg

Assembly-line-Vought-F4U-1A-Corsair-plant.jpg

Assembly-line-Vought-F4U_c.jpg

Assembly-line-Vought-F4U-1A-Corsair-plant-Akron-Ohio-01.jpg

Assembly-line-Vought-F4U_a.jpg

Assembly-line-Vought-F4U_b.jpg

the pic source: the net.

Yep . that is very likely. However I would like to make a focus on the pics above. It can be noted that the flap leading edges were painted before the flaps were attached. IMHO it was because later, after mounting, it would be difficult to apply the paint without getting the wing interior and hinges dirty. It was done more or less. Sometimes more surface of the flap was painted , sometimes less. The three first top images above show it nicely.

Yep. Out of the whole line up, the rear aircraft is the only one with the large blue flaps so combinations are very likely. You grab whats on top of the pile to get the product out the door

Geo .. I found the image but of the larger size. It appears that both the starboard and port inner flap were of the same blue finish for the kite. The pic is dated on 1949-50 and as I mentioned, all depends on the time period. However I would say that the for the earlier Corsairs had the leading edges coated with the tinted YZC rather than with the blue. The final blue coat was applying in the factory painting room.

Airfields_TX_Dallas_S_.jpg

the source: Abandoned & Little-Known Airfields: Texas - Southern Dallas area

Bolton-Works-Connecitut-Corsair-F4U-Spar-2.jpg

the source: the net.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back