GB-41 1/48 P-38L - PTO from 1937

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Some really incredible work th Steph. I had no ideal we could spend three pages looking for the color of landing gear. Great research being done. Love the gear doors and the NMF is looking incredible.

Hello,
Painting, part three (matt aluminium added on some parts but as with dark aluminium, not very visible everywhere on the photos :rolleyes:)
DSCN4403.JPGDSCN4405.JPG
:)

Steph, it is incredible.........
Is it Alclad you used?
I have a 1/32 P-51D polish alum to paint
and I'm scared to death I won't get it right.

Hello,

Looking good Steph. I know that feeling. I put 6 distinct shades of silver on a Mustang and no matter which angle I photographed it, the image would only show two or three
6 ??? :oops: Heuuuu, for me I stop with 3, I hope weathering will bring some more "shades" :)

Steph, it is incredible.........
Is it Alclad you used?
I have a 1/32 P-51D polish alum to paint
and I'm scared to death I won't get it right.
I tried for the first time Xtreme Metal paints from AK Interactive: Aluminium AK479, Dark Aluminium AK480 and Matte Aluminium AK488 => Xtreme Metal Paints - AK Interactive Xtreme Metal Paints
Very easy to apply with airbrush, fast drying, easy to mask, etc... =>

:)

Looking good. I'll look for those paints when I'm done with my Alclads. Hope they are cheaper than 10 bucks a bottle.

Looking good. I'll look for those paints when I'm done with my Alclads. Hope they are cheaper than 10 bucks a bottle.
5,20€ the bottle (30ml), about 5.85$ ;)

Painting, part four: red color added. Xtreme Metal paints resist masks very well, but I don't know about a paint applied over it... I'm afraid that the red color stays on the mask and goes with it when I'll remove it, so, I'll make black edging with decals :rolleyes:
DSCN4407.JPGDSCN4408.JPG

Next step the yellow edging on the anti-glare panels. :) In the lack of photo evidences, I think to make this yellow edging only on the nose, not on the engine hoods... :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back