1/72 BF-109G-6 Alfred Grislawski - Heavy Hitters II GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Coming soon-ish :D I've gotten a lot of that resin cut up and shaped, it takes a lot of time and work :D I stop when I don't feel good to continue as I don't want to cut the thing too short and then putty lol :D I've taken a different approach to it now :D

Ye, that resin stuff is great for intricate detail, but Oh so brittle and I hate having to cut and clean of the moulding casting bases.

I'm pretty impressed by this set, doesn't need too much cleaning (maybe cause its 1/72 and its a bit smaller :D) but is a bit tougher than the usual resin I handle, there have been 1-2 times when I think I was going to snap the thing, and it held together :D cause I went uber slow :D vs my usual approach of hulking it lol

I'll try not to jinx it since I only have 1-2 more major breakable things to cut out :D

That good friend igor back, it's funny you come with me 109 g6 but if the judges have decided that if it is because if it is to be possible.
Detailed huge the bird a lot of work ahead if I can help encourage you and here I am friend

Was hoping for more photos, but photobucket isn't having it, heres 1 progress shot so far :D
RSCN7871_zps600d9fb5.jpg

I had a hard time fixing the photo etch on the tub, but its been easier than previous attempts in other builds, not sure why but the build is just going well with no major set backs. First dash of paint on her, I think Germany Grey with a bit of white later on is a good match for RLM 66 :D Thanks all for the comments :)

Last edited:
One small Question, do you guys know the color of the engine? I've seen a lot of black (I think its the primary) but I've also seen some washed out grey ones out there :D Any help is appreciated :D

Ok some more shots ! :D and progress ! :D

So just a bit of PE on the engine.
RSCN7885_zpsac3a3185.jpg

and the Upper Portion, I layed it down and had to quickly "massage" it into place, then later touched up the top section a bit, it'll add the basis for the difference in color that I see on some Db-605s top sections, I've seen some pictures of Db-605s with these , we'll see how it goes when the paint goes down. Unfortunatley I noticed that once the MGs are glued and wiring is done we won't be able to see any of that detail :D
It was fun attempting to mimic it if nothing else :D
DSCN7882_zps4b12f6c0.jpg

finally last coat of German Grey down before I put in some highlights and some red and yellow panels. I've tried playing around with the wiring, but I've analyzed it and the tub won't be able to seal up if I add a couple wires. Later tonight I'll see about adding the yellow break hose.
DSCN7881_zps9a13e96c.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back