**** DONE: GB-36 1/48 Bf 109C - Axis Manufactured Aircraft of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Finally I found a better pic of the N+9 via the net. No doubt the exhausts were of the late type.

Me109D1-JG2-Black(N+9)-WrkN2079-Black(N+5)-Norway1940-3f-s.jpg

And here there is the alternative to the black markings.. the white N+5 and N+7 .. with the ealier exhausts.

Me109D1-ZG26-W(N+5)-1940-5f-s.jpg

Me109D1-ZG26-W(N+5)-W(N+12)-Jever-1940-4f-s.jpg

Me109D_N_7 white.jpg

I think I've got it licked. I found a Luftwaffe codes decal sheet that has yellow numbers outlined with black. I'd love to do N+11 in the profile above but no way to do the N, but I can do yellow 18 shown in post #37. I ordered the decals tonight so should have them by the time I need them.

I see. Also I found these profiles via the net... I thing there is the marking for the White N+6 in the decal sheet of the kit.

2_33.jpg

2_34.jpg

2_35.jpg

And here the profile for the D-1 coded white N+5 .. found via the net.

Bf 109D-1 white N_5_.jpg

The N and 7 would be relatively easy to mask and paint.

Also the N+6 should be easy to get. it seems that the white code N+9 of the kit decal sheet can be used. It is enough to cut off and turn the number 9 upside down.

Last edited:
Been working on the nose the last few days.

I added some fine mesh for the radiator since there was no molded in detail for it
P1012524.JPG

The radiator finished with the intake installed along with a small intake on top. The fit of the intake lip was not great and needed some filling and smoothing out.
P1012526.JPG

In this shot you can see where I had to add a shims to make the upper nose part fit.
The profile of the nose has quite a different look for a 109
P1012527.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back