**** DONE: GB-36 1/48 Fw 200 C-4 "Condor" - Axis Manufactured Aircraft of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Well they're made of stronger stuff than we northerners whose climate does not encourage all the creepy-crawlies plus they have the world's most extensive and comprehensive stock of anti-venoms

So, apart from the jelly fish, sharks, croccs, spiders, ants, snails and stuff, what have the Aussies done for us ................... with apologies to Monty Python !

what have the Aussies done for us
Yea I love to pick on the downunderers too but taking you at your word for a bit, Aussies invented among other things:
1. Black box flight recorder
2. Spray-on skin
3. Electronic pacemaker
4. Google Maps
5. Medical application of penicillin
6. Polymer bank notes
7. Cochlear implant (bionic ear)
8. Electric drill
9. Winged keel
10. Permaculture
11. Wi-Fi technology
12. Ultrasound scanner
13. Plastic spectacle lenses
14. Inflatable escape slide and raft
15. Permanent-crease clothing
16. Gardasil and Cervarix cancer vaccines
17. Frazier lens
18. Triton Workcentre
19. Racecam
20. Tank-bred tuna system

The Good Country Index ranks 125 nations based on how much they do for others globally in seven areas: science and technology, culture, international peace and security, world order, planet and climate, prosperity and equality, and health and well being.
The ranking was created with the merging of 35 data sets produced by organizations like the UN, WHO, and UNESCO over a period of nearly 3-years.
1. IRELAND
2. FINLAND
3. SWITZERLAND
4. NETHERLANDS
5. NEW ZELAND
6. SWEDEN
7. UNITED KINGDOM
8. NORWAY
9. DENMARK
10. BELGIUM
11. FRANCE
12. CANADA
14. AUSTRALIA
21. UNITED STATES

Yea you gots to be a tough survivor-type to live for very long in OZ. 2400 species of spider, 50 of which are deadly to humans; 100 different kinds of snake, 99 of which are poisonous (like the Brown, Taipan, Death Adder) and the 100th will crush you to death; Good Grief, there is even a deadly poisonous SNAIL (Sheesh A SNAIL!!!); deadly box jelly fish near shore and tiny (size of a match head) but deadly Irukandji jelly fish with meter long tentacles in deep water; of course Sharks (Bull, Tiger, Great White) in case you make it past the jelly fish; and Salt water Crocodiles to get anyone missed by the jelly fish and bull sharks; Oh yea, the Salt water crocs actually like to take vacations in the fresh water rivers to snatch the non-ocean swimmers; now let's say you just want to wade in the water well there's the camouflaged deadly poisonous Stone fish with spines sharp and strong enough to pierce a boot sole. And the pretty little 45mm Blue-Ringed Octopus whose tiny bite injects a toxin that paralyses the breathing muscles. And the Yellow-bellied Sea Snake with a deadly neurotoxin venom that occasionally wash ashore. Their tiny fangs deliver a painless bite until you become paralysed and die. Enough of the sea? How about a walk in the forest, well we have the Australian paralysis tick that can take as much as 5ml of blood while secreating a paralysing neurotoxin and a mix of other proteins that can cause anaphylactic shock. Bull ants, 40mm long that can see over a meters distance and will actively chase intruders jumping after them, Oh yea, naturally they have a venomous sting. And the 30cm Giant Centipede that's also poisonous, natch! Then there's the Cassowary. An ostrich-sized flightless bird armed with a 12cm long claw that's razor-sharp. They jump up and rake down with this claw. It can easily cut off an arm or rip open your abdomen. Fun downunder!

Don't forget the stingrays that did for Steve Irwin Mike. Saw this guy up the NSW coast a few weeks ago, nearly 2m across!.

IMG_2974.JPG

Then there's old mate the redback spider. Found this beauty down the side of my gas bottle. Pays to check before you pick things up in Australia!

IMG_1889.JPG

Yeah, probably best if you just bring a suit of armour when you come down here...

Last edited:
Definitely changed my mind about ever visiting Australia. Think my choice have to be New Zealand if I ever get the money to go. I can accept earthquakes, heavy rainfall, and volcanoes much easier.

No, at this point I don't think that it will be necessary. This kit includes a huge belly pan that is a bit over 12in (30.5cm) wide. It extends outward far enough to include all four engines. It's not like a standard kit where each wing is a separate assembly that plugs into the body with a single small tab.

Well believe it or no but I actually have been doing something besides playing with the hangey-down-part of my ear.
Got all the big pieces painted RLM 65 and 72.
This is that big belly pan as you can see pretty close to a foot (+30cm)
Then the upper wing pieces which overlap the belly pan out to the engine nacelles about 7in (18cm). As you can see quite a wing span.
Next up is getting the two wing panels and belly pan glued together. Some pretty good warpage in spots

IMG_2176.JPG
IMG_2179.JPG

This is step 21. Step 22: The engines/nacelles and landing gear get put in place then Step 23: the wing/belly pan assembly get mated to the body

Temps reached 50.3 deg C at Oodnadatta today. that's 122.6 for you Fahrenheit junkies. 45 c in Adelaide (waynes world...I hope he has air con). 42C in my part of the country. Sydney and Melbourne are both over 40 degrees today.

its hot. in a dangerous, deadly kind of way

Users who are viewing this thread

Back